Abandon penalty after code:net and code:leaf

★★★★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number 1050Ti
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? LightningLion500
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? Returning to the lobby after a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. In a game, crash occured, then main menu, back into the lobby, abandon penalty
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Nothing in particular
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 3
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 07.05.21
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
How severe is your issue? Minor impact to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? I get an abandon penalty after a crash that the game caused
What should be happening instead? For me to not get that penalty
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just play a few matches lol

n.v.t.

Message 1 of 13 (3,020 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Abandon penalty after code:net and code:leaf

Community Manager

Hey @LightningLion500

The code:net and code:leaf errors usually mean that the connection has timed out. I know disconnections like this are pretty frustrating, especially if you wind up getting an abandon penalty. 

I'd like to try out some troubleshooting to see if there's anything we can do to stop this from happening to you again. When you have the chance please try running through the basic connectivity steps from the EA Help website first. 

If it keeps happening after that check out the PC-specific steps as well. Please let me know if you're still having any trouble after that. Thank you!

/Kent

Kent.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 13 (2,998 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @LightningLion500

The code:net and code:leaf errors usually mean that the connection has timed out. I know disconnections like this are pretty frustrating, especially if you wind up getting an abandon penalty. 

I'd like to try out some troubleshooting to see if there's anything we can do to stop this from happening to you again. When you have the chance please try running through the basic connectivity steps from the EA Help website first. 

If it keeps happening after that check out the PC-specific steps as well. Please let me know if you're still having any trouble after that. Thank you!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 13 (2,999 Views)

★★★ Novice

This is an old post but im sorry this is not good enough

A random connection error that is unrelated to the internet of the user (it seems to happen to every twitch streamer on occasion also

You run a competitive mode for your game so stop messing around and have a system like CSGO where if you lose connection
you have a certain amount of time to rejoin the game or something like that

Im trying to push for masters and i cop a -72 RP for something i cant control like how bad of a system can you get! Get a grip!

Message 3 of 13 (2,731 Views)

★★★ Novice

Agreed, these (don't care/won't fix) responses are not acceptable. Often the server is clearly  the system responsible for the failure because when we can rejoin other players in the game are also unresponsive / DC'ed.

Respon compounds the problem by applying abandon match penalty as if the player is responsible for the server malfunction. As a devops engineer I know that that you can often tell the difference between server DC, and client DC. 

You have a bug with your network code, don't blame users for this bug, fix it and in the event that there are unavoidable disconnects then do not penalize players.

And please, ease up on the condescending tone like no one who plays apex knows how to engineer networks. Some of us do and we will call you on your bs.

Message 4 of 13 (2,715 Views)

★★★ Newbie

sorry , it's old page but the problem is actually not fixed!
i have this problem and i check my event viewer on my windows and i don't have network error on my computer!

i have run a ping to google and i don't have error!

9 min of rage for a old bug !

not to mention many cheaters and a high level of play ! I am in a hurry to release BattleField2042! because on apex I'm not having fun anymore, what a pity for my favorite game!

Thanks

Message 5 of 13 (2,501 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is worse after the latest event, just lost AP and 10 minutes because this is STILL HAPPENING.  Team mate and I at the same time were both disconnected, struggled to reconnect over and over again, just to time out and loose double AP for abandoning the game....  what the ever living hell.

Message 6 of 13 (2,451 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

serves have crap them selves after last update and we are paying the penalty please fix it asap...... Every player is lagging at start of every game and about 10%get full dc

Message 7 of 13 (2,327 Views)

★★ Novice

Yeah this happened to me and my buddies today. Got abandonment penalty even after I waited for the server to kick me. There should be no penalty for getting kicked because the server is messed up. 

Message 8 of 13 (2,239 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

It just happened to me, I got "code:net", "code:cloud", and then had a 10 min penalty when the game finally connected. Why can't the game just connect again to the same match? Is it my fault that either the game or the server cannot re-establish connection to the match I was playing?

Message 9 of 13 (1,960 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Bump.

This still happens, and the abandon-penalty is still not acceptable.

Just played a match, where all of us got disconnected, playing from different places around the world. I.e, it's a server problem, not a client problem.

We all got code:net, code:leaf, code:cloud etc, and could not rejoin the match.

Got kicked back to lobby, and slapped with an abandon penalty.

Please fix this, I'm sure you can differentiate between a client disconnect and server disconnect. At least only let us lose the starting RP, not an abandon penalty on top of it...

Message 10 of 13 (1,541 Views)