Abandon Penalty bug

★★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number RTX 2070 SUPER
Enter RAM memory size in GB 32
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Tuxed075
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Lifeline
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Olympus in middle about if remember right
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. fighting
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 1 every 7/10 days altely
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 24/11/20 22:40
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? Probably due to my bad connection(not so stable) the game crashed and go offline, after reload game I got the disconnection penalty!
What should be happening instead? Continue play normally
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Cant, was realted to my connection.

PLZ, I've lost 144 points last month! I'm not pro player but was really frustated by that!

Plz solve!

Thank you for your understanding.

Message 1 of 4 (284 Views)

Re: Abandon Penalty bug

★★★ Apprentice

Me to, two days in a row in the middle of the game . i have pictures and everything. . suddenly the game DC and i cant enter the game it says server full or connection to server timed out and i am back in the lobby with abandon penalty. can u please fix ASAP . cant stand it anymore everyday this happens . Who is gonna give me back my points.

Message 2 of 4 (281 Views)

★ Novice

Dude this is a real issue, I had the same thing, and I literally dc for at most 30 seconds including the "party leader quit"  and "server full" notifications. 

This is frustrating because it makes me want to simply not play the game anymore. I rarely get disconnected and most of the time I can simply jump back in the game no problem but this time it decided to not join me back and we were literally still flying which is very early on in the game. 

It even appears as if the whole server crashed because I was not the party leader and I did get the Party leader quit notification. 

Worst part is I have to wait 10 mins and lose 36 points while I just got on to relax and play this stupid game. This was literally my first game as well so its a solid middle finger to my face. 

And this happens 2 weeks after my account was locked out for over 2 weeks because of the infamous "were having technical difficulties" issue with origin and it miraculously got fixed by waiting and trying every day because I gave up trying countless things to fix that... Why am I ranting? because I have 10 mins of abandonment that had nothing to do with my actions and someone in EA is going to be spending their time reading this, getting paid to read this so they pay equivalent value in money as to what I paid to play this game. FIX THIS!

Message 3 of 4 (276 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same, i dont get kicked from a game. i just get abandon penalty after every match so far, pretty annoying since i gotta wait 10 min just to play again.

Message 4 of 4 (170 Views)