Original Post

Accepted Solution

[ARCHVIED] Digging terrain causes glitch in lot appearance in neighborhood

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.49.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, Perfect Patio, Luxury Party
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Open a lot and add a hole or lowered area of land
What happens when the bug occurs? Whenever I had a lot that used Terrain tools in any way it made the texture on the world select screen look a little like the Sims 3 graphics. And if a hole was made you would be able to see if through the ground on the World select screen.
What do you expect to see? The graphics to look like the ones in the Sims 4 and the holes to not appear on the world select screen like the lot is floating off of it.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After the patch on 11/13/18 this started occurring (We didn't have terrain tools until then)

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 8 (3,656 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Digging terrain causes glitch in lot appearance in neighborhood

Hero

Going to archive this thread as we have a newer one for this which is a bit different but probably what you're seeing

Please use this thread if you still see this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Lots-with-manipulated-terrain-look-realistic-strange-in/t...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 8 of 8 (2,146 Views)

All Replies

Re: [TO TEST] Holes and Odd Shadows/Graphics on the World Select Screen

Hero (Retired)

I see what you mean - part of the lot bleeds out into the neighborhood in a distracting way where the terrain has been reduced.  Even a relatively shallow hole dug near the edge of the lot can cause the effect.  Elevating terrain does not cause the effect.  It is unsightly, and I will add it to our list.

Message 2 of 8 (3,541 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I have this problem as well. It is caused by any terrain manipulation, but it goes away when I flatten a lot. For me elevating terrain DOES have this effect, not just lowering it. I've attached a pic of what happens to mine when I elevate terrain. It looks awful! Won't be able to use terrain manipulation until this is fixed Frown. This is with no mods/cc installed, completely vanilla game. Tried clearing cache, uninstalling and reinstalling the game, nothing fixes it at all.

Adding my details in case it helps:
Version: 1.47.51.1020
Packs installed: Everything except Get Famous, Vampires, My First Pet, Luxury Party & Spooky (easier to list those ones!).
PC: Dell XPS 15 9560
Processor: Intel i7-7700HQ
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050
(My PC is above recommended specs so shouldn't be a PC issue, but thought details may be useful.)

Message 3 of 8 (3,453 Views)

★ Guide

I've seen this too. It looks really odd in Oasis Springs. I'd end up with a green lot surrounded by desert.  

Message 4 of 8 (3,384 Views)

★ Apprentice

Just to confirm, this is still a problem & here's another pic in oasis springs. It seems to map whatever terrain is on the ground directly to the neighbourhood view, which is kind of horrible. I'm up to date on all updates and most expansions are installed. Mods/no mods doesn't seem to effect this either.

Message 5 of 8 (3,278 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Digging terrain causes glitch in lot appearance in neighborhoo

★★★★ Apprentice
I'm still having this problem with one of my lots in Glimmerbrook.
Message 6 of 8 (3,105 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Noticed this was a problem when I started making ponds. My game is up to date, mods removed. I'm attaching a photo of Slipshod Mesquite in Oasis Springs with a pond on the lot. 

Message 7 of 8 (2,348 Views)

Hero

Going to archive this thread as we have a newer one for this which is a bit different but probably what you're seeing

Please use this thread if you still see this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Lots-with-manipulated-terrain-look-realistic-strange-in/t...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 8 (2,147 Views)