Re: Gay whim to "Try For Baby" ...and good for them!

by crinrict

Original Post

Gay whim to "Try For Baby" ...and good for them!

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work Get Together City Living Cats & Dogs Seasons Get Famous Island Living Discover University Snowy Escape Spa Day Dine Out Vampires Jungle Adventure StrangerVille Outdoor Retreat Tiny Living Laundry Day Bowling Night Vintage Glamour Backyard Romantic Garden Movie Hangout Spooky
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a gay couple and wait for one of them to get wistful for biological fatherhood.
What happens when the bug occurs? Even though my married couple is two dudes who are each set to "Get Others Pregnant" (I double-checked, neither of them has a custom gender), one of them still occasionally gets a whim to "Try For Baby" with the other one. Oh, and I checked if I could do it anyway. But no. Under the "Romance..." Category, there's no option to "Try For Baby" or any mention of babies or adoption.
What do you expect to see? Gay couples should have whims to "Adopt" children, not "Try" for them. Gay couples should only have whims to "Try For Baby" if one of them has a Custom Gender. ........god I love this game so freakin' much.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

gayby.jpg
I promise neither of them has a Custom Gender.  I even double-checked.
Besides, the "Try For Baby" option isn't even there.

Message 21 of 23 (710 Views)

★★★★ Expert

I use MCCC which allows same-sex try for baby.  It was the first thing I enabled!  :D  We're in a magical world where there's some kind of perfect same-sex in-vitro something in my saves.  :D  I used to make them adopt, but....

There's another thread along these lines, yeah.  You can use cas.fulleditmode to customize their gender, or you can use MCCC, but yes, I've seen this before and before MCCC answered, "Yes! that's the plan, but I haven't changed one of you to allow that yet!" 

Message 22 of 23 (677 Views)

Hero

Archiving this thread as per Patch 1.90.358 as Whims are being replaced by Wants & Fears. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 23 (3,001 Views)