[ARCHIVED] Watch current channel option not showing

by gohoneyrose

Original Post

[ARCHIVED] Watch current channel option not showing

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

SimA is watching the TV, SimB can't join Sim1. When I click the TV, "watch current channel" is totally missing. So SimB has only the option to turn off or choose channel, which is totally annoying.

I didn't download any custom-made materials or mods. 

What I did so for far

1. reset to factory setting

2. reinstallation

I think this happened after the update 2 days ago.

Can anybody help me, pleas?!! 

Yesterday, my the take bath/shower option would also cancel automatically in only one lot (I think this happened after a baby was taken away by child protection services): I solved this by resetting to factory settings.

Message 1 of 52 (6,137 Views)

Re: Sims4: Watch current channel option not showing

[ Edited ]
Hero

Does it matter which TV ?

Did you try rebuying the TV ?

You're other issue has a thread here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-Sim-gets-straight-out-of-bath-and-only-takes-...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 52 (6,007 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Does it matter which TV ?    No, all of the TVs miss this option. 

Did you try rebuying the TV ?     Yes. I tried it on other worlds, lots, people, everything. 

FYI, they can freely choose to "watch current channel", yet I don't have the option showing at all. 

Message 3 of 52 (6,000 Views)

Hero

Could you start a new game for testing purposes to see if you have the same issue ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 52 (5,993 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Could you start a new game for testing purposes to see if you have the same issue ?    

Yes, I did it in the very beginning. 

Now I think I did everything possible: new household, other lot, other world. 

Today, I deleted everything and installed the game from scratch: STILL MISSING

Please, help me TㅡT

Message 5 of 52 (5,971 Views)

Hero

Did you try repairing the game through Origin ?

Willing to share your save game ?

If so, please zip up this folder: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\saves, upload to mediafire or dropbox and PM me the link.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 52 (5,961 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I've had this issue as well (all saves) and have tried everything you've tried, too. Time wise, I want to say it's been since the movie hangout SP game out, but my remembering could be fuzzy there. For me, it's more of an annoying glitch. Can be worked around ---choosing same channel that other sim is watching, but it's a bit tedious.

Message 7 of 52 (5,940 Views)

Hero

I've tested @gohoneyrose save game but I'm not sure they sent me the right one and the haven't gotten back to me.

I was not able to duplicate the save I was sent.

Would you upload one of yours too ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 52 (5,933 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Just wanted to add that I've also been having this issue for some time, probably since the movie SP patch like a previous poster said. I do use mods, but the issue doesn't go away upon removal of them or even after a total game reset. 

Message 9 of 52 (5,865 Views)

Hero

For all of your TVs ? Did you start a new save game on a vanilla game to see if it's the same (for testing purposes)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 52 (5,841 Views)