Re: Roof appearing in house

by yxkillz

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[ARCHIVED] Undesired Roof Intrusion into Interior

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

See this reddit thread for full details of this bug and for pictures of what happens. It is documented better there than I would be able to faithfully write here. 

Message 4 of 34 (19,758 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Walls, Fences, Floors, and Roofs interact in a way that can break a h

Hero (Retired)

I am closing this thread at this time because the behavior of intruding roofs when areas are not defined as "rooms," while undesirable, is functioning as designed.  Our desire to have this functionality changed is better expressed as feedback for a design improvement.  We have indeed requested improvements in this thread.  Please feel free to add your voice to it!

View in thread

Message 26 of 34 (19,688 Views)

All Replies

Roof appearing in house

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

The new rooms feature is quite glitchy still. The biggest problem is roofs still appearing even though its inside the house. It doesn't happen for all rooms however. 

i'm not really the best at explaining so i'll leave this image link here 

http://i.gyazo.com/50062bcdae77661d0f279271ad9a9ae1.png

• Are you using mods: nope
  • Are you using custom content: just non-default tshirt recolours
  • What is your Operating System (XP, Vista, Win 7, Win 8, Win 8.1) ?: windows 7
  • Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ?: limited edition dvd

edit hiya your link didnt work i fixed it  (rumbutter)

Message 1 of 34 (20,374 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hi,

The issue with roof display bug is already on the bug list. At the time of writing there is currenlty no fix or workaround for this.

As this is not a gamebreaking bug, I hope you will still be able to enjoy the sims while waiting for a patch.
Good luck!

Message 2 of 34 (20,365 Views)

Hero

I've added your link to the report that was there.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 34 (20,357 Views)

Re: Walls, Fences, Floors, and Roofs interact in a weird way that can break a ho

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 34 (19,691 Views)

★★★★ Novice

While making a house the walls were going inside of the house and the wall trimming, an example of the wall trimming is screen shotted here.

The walls going inside the house means that you cannot complete the trimming on the outside as simply as you could before (as the corner shows inside of the room from original post). The trim also protude into the house, meaning you cannot have trim on the house when there is more than one level of roofing (defeats the purpose)

Message 6 of 34 (20,337 Views)

Hero

Thanks for the report

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 34 (20,331 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have a similar issue, except that creating walls with dormer areas causes the roof to interfere with the room. This also seems to coincide with the "wall does not exist" bug. 

Details in this thread

Message 8 of 34 (20,293 Views)

Re: Walls, Fences, Floors, and Roofs interact in a weird way that can break a ho

★ Apprentice

Not only that but I can't put fences and hedges OUTSIDE my house? It keeps asking for a room.

This is exactly why I didn't pay the extra $10 for the Deluxe version. I'm basically spending my cash to be a beta tester. Hoping many of these fixes will be implemented quickly so I can complete my lovely home. Good grief.

Message 9 of 34 (19,631 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I agree, I don't remember Sims 3 having these problems. I had a similar situation to the OP's where I removed 3 sides of the ground floor supporting wall on an octagonal 2-story structure and then tried to join the cut sides, creating an overhanging structure on the 2nd floor. I got a weird "Can't find object" error.

Message 10 of 34 (19,625 Views)