[ARCHIVED] Unchecked songs still play

by catloverplayer

Original Post

Re: Music settings not persisting.

★★★ Guide

It doesn't matter if I have custom music or not in the Pop category.  It remains unchecked, but still plays.  If I could find a way to delete that song, I would simply delete it, and not worry about it.  But I really, REALLY hate that song!  Which ever "thread" this belongs in, doesn't matter to me, I just want that song to quit playing when I tell the game to quit playing that song.

Message 11 of 28 (907 Views)

DJ booth/radio/speakers disregard music options

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

The DJ booth's radio doesn't always obey the track choices made in the options menu.

Example scenario:

1. Disable half the tracks in Electronica genre, click apply.
  2. Turn on DJ booth and set it to play Electronica.
  3. DJ booth will play one of the tracks that have been disabled.
  4. Click next song a few times, same song is able to play again.

Can anyone else reproduce this issue?

No mods or CC.

Message 12 of 28 (908 Views)

Re: DJ booth radio disregards music options

Hero

Does it work correctly when you choose them on the radio, speakers and what not ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 28 (900 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Seems to not be working correctly at all.

Steps taken:

1. Disable all songs under Electronica except "Simlify - Hans of Six Mas"
  2. Select "Play Electronica" on radio, "Frozen - Ki: Theory" plays.
  3. Select Next Song, same song plays again.

The above steps on a DJ booth replicates the same results, with a different song. "Real People - AN21 and Max Vangeli" to be exact.

If two songs are enabled, the same happens, however both songs are incorrect.

Another weird observation after turning off the radio to test if a different song would play when I turned it back on:

Radio.png

Electronica has disappeared from the "Turn on..." interaction subsection.

Radio2.png

However, "Listen to..." subsection is not affected.

Edit: When turning the radio back on, two different songs will alternate when selecting "Next Song"

Message 14 of 28 (898 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

So basically this: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/FEEDBACK-Custom-Music-Unchecked-songs-still-play/td-... but for all music ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 28 (883 Views)

★★★★ Guide

It does bear some similarities, up to you if you wish to merge. Standard smile

Message 16 of 28 (879 Views)

Hero

@Hroun_88 Adjusted title a bit and merged your report

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 17 of 28 (872 Views)

Wrong music plays on radio

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I wanted a specific song to play for a recording so I deselected all the pop songs except one. However, the song that played was not the one I selected. Tried it a few more times and every time I got a different song than what I chose. Only 1 song plays, just not the right one.

This occurs with custom music as well.  If only custom music is selected, what plays is random (i.e. it's not 3 songs up from the one selected, for instance)  and can be a non-custom music selection.

I attached a couple of screenshots showing which song played when one was selected. It appears random. [Edit: it is random].

Message 18 of 28 (923 Views)

Re: Wrong music plays on radio

Hero

Could be this issue looked at from a different angle: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-Unchecked-songs-still-play/td-p/4086253/jump-to...

@lnpx

Anyways, moved to bug reporting

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 28 (911 Views)

Re: Wrong music plays on radio

★★ Apprentice

@crinrict wrote:

Could be this issue looked at from a different angle: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-Unchecked-songs-still-play/td-p/4086253/jump-to...

@lnpx

Anyways, moved to bug reporting

Yeah I saw that when I had that problem from early on. I thought it was still playing the songs but I hadn't unchecked all all of them, so maybe it was just playing the wrong ones.

Message 20 of 28 (900 Views)