[ARCHIVED] Unchecked songs still play

by catloverplayer

Original Post

[ARCHIVED] Unchecked songs still play

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Update 03/25/16: This issue might be an issue of the wrong ones being disabled. More info can be found in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-Unchecked-songs-still-play/m-p/5248835/highligh...

See the thread in the Sims 4 bug forum for my thread. My pc is acting weird and won't let me cut,paste or copy.

At anyrate I put my music in the pop station and unchecked the default songs. Even though their unchecked they continue to play along with my own music of course but having them unchecked doesn't stop them from playing.

Also my custom music is hard to hear on the speakers even on highest volume. The default songs are so much louder.

No mods and I have the latest patch the one that came out November 25th. No one has commented on my thread but I still don't think I'm the only one having the custom music issue and I know I"m not the only one with the low volume issue.

It would seem this latest patch broke the option to stop default stations from playing even when their unchecked.

Message 1 of 28 (2,373 Views)

Re: Custom Music Bug In Sims 4 Unchecked songs still play

★★★ Apprentice

It's been that way since the game came out, I guess they expect us to want to listen to those same crappy songs from now on. I have my volume set to medium in game so I don't have to hear them because they always reset no matter how many times I uncheck the default songs. The music volume for custom music is a bit wonky here as well, so you're not the only one.

Message 2 of 28 (2,353 Views)

★★ Guide

They removed my thread from the sims 4 bug forum. I wonder why. At anyrate I hope Crin will add this to the list of bugs.

Message 3 of 28 (2,348 Views)

Hero

I'll add but for the volumne, I'm not sure if they need to be a certain format, are you sure it's not the custom songs that are the issue ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 28 (2,336 Views)

Re: Music settings not persisting.

★★★ Guide

It still happens to me.  It's pretty aggravating, since there is one specific song I under pop which I absolutely can't stand, and it keeps popping up to play.  When I check my settings, it's still unselected, but there it is, blaring out of the radio.

Message 5 of 28 (1,748 Views)

★★★ Guide

And this is still an issue for me.

Message 6 of 28 (1,713 Views)

Hero

Did you try deleting your options.ini and let the game create a new one ?

You will need to reset all settings but hopefully only once.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 28 (1,710 Views)

★★★ Guide

Options, no, ExcludedMusic.txt, yes, several times, and it works, for about a day, then returns to playing that (insert expletive here) song.

Message 8 of 28 (1,699 Views)

Hero

And that's happening for all songs, not just custom music ones ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 28 (1,696 Views)

★★★ Guide

Yes.  There is one game provided song under Pop that I absolutely can't stand (the rest I like).  It remains unchecked under music options, but still continues to play.

Message 10 of 28 (1,693 Views)