Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] Toddlers still not sleeping correctly (PC only)

by virtuosummer

Original Post

Re: Toddlers still not sleeping correctly

Hero
@genaaw As said above, console players now have the major toddler bug. It's best if you guys create your own thread or just wait for the next patch.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 37 (1,542 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I also experience this, happened when I command the toddler to sleep or to eat. When I put a queue on a toddler, they will undo the command and stand still or they will cancel all the commands except the last one. I only have base game on PC, and it happened since the June update and still not fixed with the latest update. The only thing fixed with the latest update is there are no more items stuck in the toddler hands. 

Message 12 of 37 (1,536 Views)

Hero
@YongImi__1412 For me it works fine now although I didn't test for too long. Tested the toddler I had issues with before.

Could you test if it happens on a fresh save for you as well ? Do you get any LEs ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 37 (1,527 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I'm still having this issue as well, I just tried to start a new 100 baby challenge last night and my toddlers keep giving me two LEs every time I try to put them to bed and won't finish their food. 

edit;; a reinstall fixed the sleeping LEs, but I'm having the food problem still. It's across two different computers, every single save i try to start. It's making 100 baby challenges a nightmare. 

Message 14 of 37 (1,503 Views)

Hero
@Duisarcus Could you please post the LE's you're getting ?

Either create a rar file and attach to your post or just c/p content.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 15 of 37 (1,497 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hi all!

To make it easier for our team to keep track of incoming Me Too's for this thread for PC, it would be great if we could get a separate thread for the console reports. 

Also, it would be really helpful to get some save games of those PC players experiencing the issue with toddlers not sleeping through the night.
Click here to find out how you can send us your save files!

Thanks all and Happy Simming everyone! Party hat

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 16 of 37 (1,463 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] Toddlers still not sleeping correctly (PC only)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Wow, didn't realise this was a bug until I saw this post. I got a fussy toddler recently, so assumed that she kept not finishing her food because of the fussy trait and not because of a new bug...

(PC version, noticed the bug last week)

Message 17 of 37 (1,420 Views)

Toddler Problems

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.17.4.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Awesome Animal Hats; Backyard Stuff; Cats & Dogs; City Living; Get to Work; Jungle Adventure; Life of the Party; Luxury Party Stuff; Outdoor Retreat; Parenthood; Perfect Patio Stuff; Seasons; Up All Night; Cool Kitchen Stuff; Fitness Stuff; Get Famous; Island Living; Laundry Day Stuff; Spa Day; Strangerville.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a toddler sit to eat. The toddler only eats 1/2 of the food then stops even if still hungry. Have a toddler ask for bedtime story. This only works 1 out of 5 times. Click on a toddler bed, select sleep. The toddler will only sleep for a few minutes, then get up and age up.
What happens when the bug occurs? Toddlers take twice a long to complete a meal having to restart after toddler puts plate down. Toddler will not finish meal in high chair either. Toddlers just sit in toddler bed and will not go to sleep. Toddler gets up and/or ages up.
What do you expect to see? I expect to have the toddler finish a meal, be able to be read to sleep, stay sleeping and NOT age up (on day one of toddlerhood). I try to get all skills up to 3 or 5 on all my toddlers. This will not be possible if they spend all their time trying to finish a meal or a sleep. Letting them age up without high skills hinders skills building in childhood.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I installed the July 22nd Sims4 update/patch. This never happened to any of my toddlers before that update. I am on generation 14 of my current legacy challenge in Willow Creek and had another household for at least 14 or 15 generations also in Willow Creek. Never had problems with toddlers.

These glitches started happening in my game after the latest update/patch on 7/22/19.

I have searched on the forum and have seen where these issues have been reported and marked "fixed" for PC players. I know this not to be accurate as I do watch streamers who play on PC and I see that they are still having this problem. I have seen where I can use "cheats" to automatically level my toddler skills, but will have to give up achievements to do that. I looked at the 7/22/19 patch notes for consoles and this issue isn't even in there. I can't find anywhere that states that this problem is being looked in to or being addressed in upcoming updates/patches. The "fixed" notation for PCs states that the latest update/patch for them fixed it.

Since I keep at least one of my toddlers from each generation to play through their life, I always maximize all skills to get the perks as they age up. These sudden glitches make this all but impossible, not to mention incredibly frustrating to play. I am constantly trying to get them to eat and/or sleep with no time left to learn skills. They can't even learn the creativity skill by being read to sleep because that doesn't work anymore. I really enjoyed playing up till now and was working my way through buying all the expansions and "packs'. However, having glitched toddlers will make this game unplayable for me. Not to mention anybody trying to do the 100 baby challenge!

All I would really like to know is that this issue is actively being looked at for all platforms and when the community will have an answer.

Message 18 of 37 (1,404 Views)

Re: Toddler Problems

[ Edited ]
Hero

@KenikeHI808 Since the situation has change on console and console is now caught up on this fix with PC, I merged your thread with the still open PC issue on it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 37 (1,385 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

This thread started with as a separate thread with a console problem. But as you can see, both consoles & PCs are having the same toddler issues.

SimsGuru has asked that this be a separate thread. Also, the thread I found for PCs was marked as "fixed".

This started as a console thread. It was combined with PCs by a mod. As for "just waiting for the next patch", that is what the original question was to hear that this issue was being looked at for all platforms and if we could get more information about what is being done. I can't find anywhere that this issue is being investigated and addressed in any upcoming fixed.

Message 20 of 37 (1,358 Views)