by crinrict

Original Post

[ARCHIVED] Toddlers still not sleeping/eating/.. correctly

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.53.115.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all except pet stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a toddler try to sleep in a bed.
What happens when the bug occurs? The toddler gets onto the bed, then off the bed, then onto the bed and goes to sleep (usually, sometimes they have canceled the action altogether). MCCC reports an error every time the toddler tries to sleep, including the second time they get into bed. This happens with and without mods.
What do you expect to see? Command the toddler to sleep, it gets into bed and sleeps.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Island Living

The patch notes said the toy bug was fixed, and the thread calling out the other issues is locked, but they are still having the same sleeping problem of getting in and out of bed. This happens with and without mods installed, but I'm showing you with mods so you can see the MCCC error dialogue.

They are also still not finishing their food, and will stop eating at random. The toys getting stuck doesn't seem to be the cause for everything.

This is all with nothing in their inventories, after being reset, multiple attempts, etc.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 37 (2,917 Views)

Re: Toddlers still not sleeping correctly

★★★★★ Guide

Really? Dang.

Was the toy thing a red herring? Or is something else going on?

Message 2 of 37 (2,873 Views)

Hero
@PansekshuElle Could you attach that LE you're getting ? Is this a save you started before the patch ? It sounds like they might still have a bugged item in their inventory.

Try resetting the toddler as well as inventory.purge on the toddler.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 37 (2,844 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@crinrict I’ve been having the same issue with sleeping and eating on Xbox One
Message 4 of 37 (2,806 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
@Bladette84 XBox probably has this bug now: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/FIXED-Multiple-Toddler-Sims-issues-with-eating-sleeping-stuck/...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 37 (2,800 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I have noticed this too, also with an existing toddler from before the save. I have reset the toddler a few times, and was regularly resetting him before the update due to the issues with things getting stuck. I do not appear to have this problem with a newly created toddler since the update, but have only briefly played with both households. The household this happened in was in Sulani in an off the grid house. There was a cat in the house, but I had locked the bedroom door to cats because this had already been happening before the update I have all the packs, no mods/cc in my game, I regularly clear cache and also repaired my game after the update and am on version PC 1.53.115.1020. 

Best regards,

Jennifer 

Message 6 of 37 (2,757 Views)

Hero
@MapleSimmer Do you also get LEs ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 37 (2,747 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I've had this happen. I think I figured out what causes it. I've seen my toddler holding/using something like a tablet but then he sometimes "puts it away" (into his pocket presumably but not his inventory) when he wants to do something else such as talk to someone in another room. Then after that, he doesn't take out the item again so it's kind of stuck in limbo. So if he then tries to go to sleep, that causes him to keep getting into and out of bed. I can work around this by:
-getting him to do other actions until he takes out the item again

-clicking on the troublesome item in his hand (perhaps while the game is paused, to make sure I can do it), and choosing an action involving it such as Watch Toddler Videos
-then, after unpausing the game and seeing him start to perform that action, immediately cancelling it, which should cause the toddler to put the item down or away properly.

I hope that made sense. Ask me if you have any questions.

(edited for clarity)

Message 8 of 37 (2,739 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
  1. I am having the same issue on my PS4. If the toddler picks up a toy or book it will stay in its hand and cannot complete any other action. The only way I have to get around it is to save and exit. Then when I reload my save I will find the toy or book floating in the air or in the toddler's inventory. This is super frustrating...
Message 9 of 37 (2,721 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@crinrict i just got a chance to check my last exceptions and don’t see any new ones since the update. I’m not sure if I got any before as I have a few LEs but can’t really match them up. The next time I go into the save it’s been happening with I’ll see if I can see what, if anything the toddler does when they wake up. 

Best regards,

Jennifer 

Message 10 of 37 (2,708 Views)