Re: Can't "Get Mail" and never receive bills

by hgws77

Original Post

Hero

Is it just this household that is affected ? Do you get mail fine for others in that save ?

What kind of mods were you using that and at what point did you remove them ?

Did you try saving the house to the library, bulldozing the lot and re-placing it ? Maybe even delete the mailbox beforehand, then replace it without and then re-place.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 22 (1,382 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thanks for your reply. I tried bulldozing the lot & placing the house again, with no mailbox, a new one spawned & this had the same issue with no "get mail" option even right after the mail person had delivered. I am yet to play another household long enough to have mail delivered, but that will be my next test.

The mod was twistedMexis AllCheats Mod so I could get around unable to lecture/be companions with pet bug - I just had it installed to make the pets companions, then removed it. There has been no "get mail" available before or after I had the mod.

Message 12 of 22 (1,345 Views)

★ Apprentice

I played another household in the same save and it only took a few sim days for them to receive a bill in the mailbox and everything was functioning as expected. (One difference I noted is that the flag on the mailbox was up, which never happens in the problem household even when mail is delivered.) So I will do some further experiments such as moving the household to a different lot.

Message 13 of 22 (1,319 Views)

★★★★ Guide
Quick question did that house come from the gallery, because I wonder what would happen if sims died in that house after the bills came but never got paid because all the sims died, and than the house was uploaded to the gallery. Also move the mailbox away from the corner edge of lot the mailman woman has trouble with mailboxes that she/he can't route too. I put mine two steps in from the corner it spawns in. Also make sure tutorial and welcome wagon is fully complete or the other parts of the game won't unlock.
Message 14 of 22 (1,310 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thanks for the questions, this is a save started directly from the tutorial and the house wasn't from the gallery. I think you may be right in that something glitched after the tutorial, although I remember completing it.

I've just discovered another bug with this save, and that is I only got Seasons last week (so this save didn't start out with Seasons) and I just realised that the weather is always "partly cloudy" and "warm" and there is never any rain or snow despite the seasons changing. Took me a while to realise as the trees still change and I had a thermostat installed so assumed that was the cause for the missing weather-related moodlets with my sims. This happened with other households too. 

I started a whole new game and I was asked for the first time since I installed Seasons which season I wanted to start with. I started in winter & I finally saw snow and cold weather. I see this has happened to others playing old saves with a new Seasons install, although they seemed to still get rain & snow, just no related moodlets.

I've saved the "no mail" household to my library & started a whole new game (moving the household & existing lot back from my library) and this solved the Seasons bug for this household - they were finally wearing cold weather clothing for the first time! I'm not sure yet if it's solved the mail issue as I just played at ultraspeed for a few sim days but didn't see the mail person deliver mail.

I'll go back to my normal style of play and update this when mail is delivered (or not).

Message 15 of 22 (1,303 Views)

Hero

What option did you choose for the tutorial when it ended ? I believe it has 3 options. Do you remember which one ?

Do you still have your bugged save and would you be willing to share it with me ?

Instructions are in my signature.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 16 of 22 (1,292 Views)

★ Apprentice

I am not 100% sure but I think I chose the "add another sim to this household" option at the end of the tutorial. 

I've played a bit more with the new save of the household and there seem to be more interactions now present that were missing before, such as getting texts from other sims and getting quick meals from the fridge autonomously.

Sending you my save, thanks for investigating.

Message 17 of 22 (1,278 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Wonder if it has anything to do with this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-TUTORIAL-Adding-Sim-to-household-not-working/m-p/7...

That was another user that had issues (different from yours though) after using that option

EDIT: I tested your save and see all the symptoms you describe. I believe putting them in a new save is the best option.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 22 (1,272 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thanks for testing so quickly! Reading through that thread, I believe you are right, as I also had to call the taxi to travel back home - if I clicked the go home button it would make the sim walk home. And I didn't know that sims getting invited out was a thing in TS4.

Message 19 of 22 (1,248 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

I merged your thread then.

Def not as it should be

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 20 of 22 (1,233 Views)