Re: [OPEN] Sims using far away sink instead of close one/Dishwasher

by dianed485

Original Post

★★★★★ Apprentice

Ok, for some reason my sims couldn’t use the dishwasher with a (in this case, cc) cabinet over it. So I used the shortest (non cc) cabinet and they can now use it. 

Message 51 of 75 (1,767 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I also was experiencing this problem, my sim always going to the bathroom to wash dishes. It was driving me mad, so I thought to try putting a stand alone bathroom sink in the kitchen and it worked. My sim would use that sink in the kitchen. Sucks to have to do it that was but it beats going all the way to the bathroom to wash a dish.

Message 52 of 75 (1,722 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I am using the tutorial house, and my sims will stand at the fridge and eat then ignore the kitchen sink right there and walk to the bathroom to wash dishes. This happens regularly in two different games I have going (both with the tutorial house).

Message 53 of 75 (1,687 Views)

★★★ Novice

im also having this issue and its infuriating. my kitchen has a sink and two dishwashers. 

alot of the time they will collect all dirty dishes and leave them in piles around the living room. i have the rainbow shelf thing for my gaming console/speaker thing and they will leave dishes on it and then bug out coz their surroundings are dirty. i had to put bubbles from the festival on it as well to stop that one.

with the sink my sims house is in glimmerbrook, and i have expanded to the point its a two story home with a basement comprising of 4 bathrooms: 2 ground floor, one basement and one second story, but one of the ground floors is an en-suite locked to all sims but one. so 3 accessible bathrooms

whilst playing last night, i noticed my child sim, pick up her bowl, walk out the kitchen, past an empty bathroom, up the stairs and into a bathroom where another sim was on the toilet causing embarrassment

i dont understand how the maid can use the appliances as intended yet the household members cant. we've been complaining for years that they take forever to do things and this certainly doesnt help.

Message 54 of 75 (1,658 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I can't remember the last time I saw a sim properly use the kitchen sink. Right now in one of my households they are even preparing meals in the bathroom instead even though they had 7 (I counted) free counters in the kitchen. They still went to the bathroom to make a meal. No mods.

10-07-19_9-27-34 PM.png

Message 55 of 75 (1,609 Views)

★ Apprentice
@tcikes Your post made me laugh, like out loud lol

Cooking in the bathroom like 😂

I can’t even hhahahahaj
Message 56 of 75 (1,604 Views)

★★★ Guide

I have an instance where I had my Sims dining on a date at Chez Llama and the Sim used the bathroom and then went downstairs into the kitchen and used the sink in the kitchen to wash her hands. Walked right past the sink in the bathroom to use the sink in the kitchen.

Here is a link to that spot in the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlxd_TQSXFw&t=610s

Message 57 of 75 (1,587 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I have this one household where they have both a sink and a dishwasher in the kitchen, and 9 out of 10 times they just won't wash the dishes, at all. They will gather them up in a pile and leave them. And then the 10th time, they'll go to the bathroom.

If I click on the dishwasher and choose to fill it, it works.

Not even the maid will fill the dishwasher on it's own (and I can't control it)

Message 58 of 75 (1,567 Views)

★★★★ Novice

My sims are always going to the bathroom to wash the dishes - they never use the sink (although it is a good sink that was given as a career reward.)

I am playing a Vanilla game, no CC. Latest PC patch. All EP, all GP.

Message 59 of 75 (1,471 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sims using far away sink instead of close one

Hero

Fixed an issue in which Sims were not able to wash dishes or use the dishwasher if there were shelving units above the sink or the dishwasher.

Fixed in Patch 1.58.63 or just a partial fix ?

Not marking this as solved just yet. 

Please let me know how it goes.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 60 of 75 (1,412 Views)