by dianed485

Original Post

Sims washes dishes far away instead of close kitchen ones

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.105.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions except 'Get Famous'. All game packs except 'Jungle Adventure' and 'Stranger Ville'. All stuff packs except 'Fitness Stuff', 'Laundry Day Stuff', 'Moschino Stuff', 'My First Pet Stuff', 'Toddler Stuff' and 'Vintage Glamour Stuff'.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It might be because of one of the custom kitchens found in the builder category, from the 'Island Living' pack, that I used when I built the house.
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim takes dirty dishes, from the dining table or the kitchen counter (where there is a sink next to it and a dishwasher under it), and brings them up to the second floor bathroom and do the dishes there instead. While there are no sims or items blocking the path to the kitchen sink or the dishwasher.
What do you expect to see? My sims should either wash the dishes in the kitchen sink or the dishwasher as they are closer to them.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Whenever my sim has any dishes to do, they walk upstairs to the bathroom sink to do them. Even if both the dishwasher and the kitchen sink is closer. Once when the bathroom sink was broken and I tried to make my sim do the dishes it only had the option to "throw away" even if there was a sink there, meaning the sim chose to use the trashcan instead of the perfectly good kitchen sink.

Message 41 of 75 (2,045 Views)

Re: Sims washes dishes far away instead of close kitchen ones

Hero
@YoshiNorway Merged your post with existing thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 42 of 75 (2,013 Views)

Cleaning dishes in bathroom sink

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.105.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? EXPANSION PACKS: Get Famous, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work GAME PACKS: Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat STUFF: Laundry Day, Fitness Stuff, Bowling Night, Vintage Glamour, Backyard, Romantic Garden, Movie Hangout, Sppoky, Cool Kitchen, Perfect Patio, and Luxury Party
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Watch a Sim clean up dishes during free will mode in their home. Note that in the Dine Out "Chez Llama" they do use the sink in the restaurant kitchen. I only noticed this in homes. PS - I looked to see if there was already a bug on this, but did not see one specifically for this in searching. Sorry in advance if this is a duplicate.
What happens when the bug occurs? They take their dish(es) to the bathroom sink to wash them. I use Maxis pre-made homes mostly or ones from the Library - so they all have kitchen sinks readily available. I tend not to tell my Sims to clean-up because, well, that's what the "free will" mode is for, lol.
What do you expect to see? I was expecting to see them clean dishes in the kitchen sink, or use the dishwasher. Not a huge deal... just something odd I thought I'd mention.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Message 43 of 75 (1,996 Views)

Re: Cleaning dishes in bathroom sink

Hero
@nico_divalentino Merged your post with existing thread on the issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 44 of 75 (1,971 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict Thanks!
Message 45 of 75 (1,949 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Clicking on load dishwasher doesn't work at all. They will use the bathroom sink every time. Started after Island Living was installed. Not sure if this is related but they also take a made cake to the living room coffee table instead of a nearby counter. 

Message 46 of 75 (1,902 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims using far away sink instead of close one/Dishwasher

★★★★ Novice
@crinrictRoroGogo91 Me to
Message 47 of 75 (1,894 Views)

★★★ Guide

In Brindleton Bay, the large lot the sims will leave the kitchen go up a flight of stairs and wash the dishes in the bathroom.

Placing a dishwasher helps, but sims will still do that.

In other houses, sims will finish eating, leave the kitchen and place the dirty dishes on surfaces around the house instead of washing them in the sink, or leaving them on the table.

Message 48 of 75 (1,869 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have had this bug happen to me since TS4 launch.
It's been on and off with various degrees of random occurences. I've had the issue with the "let me leave my pile of dirty dishes on that half wall instead" many times especially just before and right after Stanger Ville.
For them sims to suddenly leave the dirty dishes there on the half wall (...and not being bothered let me tell you ) was super odd ; then Island Living made had that old bug back where they will snob the closest sink in sight and try the the one further away... say the children bahtroom one floor away, or in the greenhouse i had built at the other end of the lot. It is super weird to see that one pathfinding bug coming back full force since Island Living.
Magic World ddidn' t bring any changes. 
They still have that 'this sink is an illusion let me try that one and other of the lot instead... to make sure" issue. My sims know better ... Wondering

Message 49 of 75 (1,859 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@troshalom My sims live in this lot and they have a dishwasher and a sink in the kitchen that they won’t use (even when they’re standing IN FRONT OF IT) they’ll use bathroom sinks instead.

And yes I’m other households they leave dirty dishes (and books) behind.
Message 50 of 75 (1,822 Views)