by troshalom

Original Post

[ARCHIVED] Sims using far away sink instead of close one/Dishwasher

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48.94.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? get to work, city living,get together, get famous, parenthood, and vintage glamour stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Build a house, have one kitchen and have at least one bathroom, then cook a meal or get a glass of water; once finished, the sim will autonomously go to the bathroom even if already in the kitchen.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim does not go to the closest sink (which in my game is always the kitchen since that's where they eat) but instead will go to the bathroom to wash dishes.
What do you expect to see? I expect my sim to use the kitchen sink.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

It happens almost always, very rarely do my sims actually use the kitchen sink. I read a thread stating this issue was fixed with a patch however, this bug hasn't fixed for me.

Message 1 of 75 (13,597 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sims using far away sink instead of close one

Hero
Adding this as needs input to see how many people still seeing this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 75 (13,466 Views)

Sim uses bathroom sink to wash dishes instead of kitchen sink/dishwasher

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48.94.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, cats and dogs, city living, get to work, parenthood, outdoor retreat, luxury party stuff, and holiday celebration pack.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Click dish to clean it up
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims walks upstairs to bathroom to wash dishes
What do you expect to see? Sims should wash dishes in kitchen sink or place in dishwasher
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This seems to happen in one particular household. I’ve tried removing bathroom sinks, sim decides to throw dishes in trash can. Removed trash cans on lot, sim unable to clean dishes because no trash can or sink is available when there is clearly a sink and dishwasher a few feet away in the kitchen. I’ve tried shift+click both the kitchen sink and dishwasher to debug it, replacing sink and dishwasher, moving the two, and swapping the two with a different style of sink/dishwasher available, but none of the mentioned attempts to fix problem worked. I’ve seen this bug was reported in the past and am upset to see it has not been resolved.

Message 3 of 75 (13,454 Views)

Re: Sim uses bathroom sink to wash dishes instead of kitchen sink/dishwasher

Hero

HI @avela0778

merged your post with current thread

Would you be willing to share your save with me ?

If so, please zip your saves folder and upload it somewhere like dropbox, googledrive or OneDrive and PM me the link.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 75 (13,438 Views)

★★ Guide

I have this happen all the time. Granted, it doesn't happen every time, but it still happens frequently enough to be annoying. Often, even when my Sims eat in the kitchen with a sink right next to them, they'll still wash their dirty dish in the bathroom sink instead.

Message 5 of 75 (13,370 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Guide

My sims gather all the dishes and place them on half walls. sometimes on the floor and don't or can't wash them. I end up dragging them to the trash can. Why do sims stack dishes on half walls and not wash them?

Message 6 of 75 (13,345 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Still get sims that do this or either it's the objects that's too powerful for them to overcome. Sometimes they'll go upstairs or across the house to use a sink that's in the bathroom or even use a counter in there to prepare food or place food so I had to stop placing counters all together or delete them out of premade Maxis homes that came with the game.

The home with the Roomies is probably a good example since my sim would and could never prepare food on the counters for some reason or use the sink. I actually had to get a dishwasher so they would always use it than be attracted to the sinks all the time.
Message 7 of 75 (13,319 Views)

EA Staff

@LadyKyn 

Can you share your savefile with us?

We have not been able to reproduce this at our end just yet. 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

Thank you very much! 

Message 8 of 75 (13,277 Views)

★★★ Guide

My sim visited the roomies house in Oasis springs and prepared the food in the bathroom

Message 9 of 75 (13,244 Views)

★ Guide

This happens so often I've seen it as a running joke on reddit. My Sims often walk in on each other when one is on the toilet even though the kitchen sink is closer and clearly available.

Message 10 of 75 (13,227 Views)