Original Post

Accepted Solution

[ARCHIVED] Sims interacting through walls/closed doors

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Backyard SP, Cool Kitchen SP, Fitness SP, Movie Hangout SP.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? have one Sim in a room. get another one to talk to them.
What happens when the bug occurs? they will talk to each other through a wall or a closed door.
What do you expect to see? both Sims talking in the same room.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

here is a thread using the new template. the original is here.

a Sim will be in a room doing whatever, and another one will walk up to them to chat. sometimes the second Sim will not go into the room, but talk to the first one through a wall or a closed door. might be similar to when a Sim takes a photograph, and a wall/closed door separates them from the one who is posing?

EDIT: This is a new thread for an existing one. Merged the old one in here. Original Me Too Count was: 48

12-21-17_7-30-40 PM.png

Message 8 of 28 (4,734 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Socialize through Walls?

Hero

Sims can no longer Serenade other Sims through a wall.

Fixed in Patch 1.54.120

This is only a partial fix for all the issues reported in this thread.

Seeing that each interaction will probably need to be fixed seperatly, please create a new thread for each interaction you see them do through walls.

Thanks.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 28 of 28 (5,184 Views)

All Replies

[OPEN] Sims talking/singing/serenading through walls

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I have my sims talk/sing through walls - one example they were in an apartment and one of the sims
went out in the hallway common area to stand on the other side of the wall to listen to her spouse
serenading her from inside the bedroom.

Yesterday it appeared again with the serenading - this time in a house in Windenburg - both of my
sims were standing in the kitchen when suddenly one of them ran out of the house and out in the
garden. Ending up in front of the wall to the kitchen then standing there listening to the one in the
kitchen serenading him.

The first example happened shortly after Vintage Glamour came out and was installed at my
computer.

After reading others having same problem - I thought I would post it here.

I have no mods.

zoozee

Message 1 of 28 (5,272 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] Sims talking/singing/serenading through walls

Hero

Hi @zoozee

moved your thread to the bug forum

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 28 (5,255 Views)

Re: Sims talking/singing/serenading through walls

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 3 of 28 (5,201 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims talking/singing/serenading through walls

★ Apprentice

This happens with me to, not just serenading, but general talking, the kids invite friends over and they talk through the closed front door. also sims are talking through walls, one will be in the bathroom standing there talking to someone in the next room, yet they have room in the other room to talk.

Message 4 of 28 (5,128 Views)

★★★★ Guide

For me Sims are doing all of this thourgh doors but not walls.

This issue came with Vampires pack... :C

Message 5 of 28 (5,120 Views)

★ Apprentice

Same issue for me - seems to have been after Vampire release but I'm not positive.  Sims will hold conversations through walls & doors.  Usually I just have them "chat here" and tell them to go sit somewhere together.  

Message 6 of 28 (5,008 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I don't have the vampires pack but I have this problem also...

Message 7 of 28 (4,828 Views)

★★ Expert

hi. here is a thread using the current template.

Message 9 of 28 (4,676 Views)

Hero

Merged with old and added back

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 28 (4,545 Views)