Re: Socialize through Walls?

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Sims interacting through walls/closed doors

★★ Expert
i've also noticed that they'll grab ingredients left from when they stop cooking mid-recipe.
the only reason i can think of *those* ending up outside is i might have tried to drag them on to a counter, missed, and they get them without going outside themselves.
Message 21 of 28 (1,871 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I've seen quite a few animation bugs as of recent. Some sims will be in another room and sit in mid air flying through a wall onto the couch. There has also been an issue when one sibling is on the top floor and the other is on the bottom floor and performs a hug or scare action and the sim on the top floor will react to it as if they are in front of the other. 

Message 22 of 28 (1,831 Views)

★★ Novice

Yeah I'm experiencing the same issue too. I've just recently posted about my issue in The Sims forum.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/938446/ts4-medical-career-dont-move-split-personality-pat...

Message 23 of 28 (1,787 Views)

★★ Expert
and when a NPC visits an active Sim, after knocking, they will wave hello through the still closed front door.
Message 24 of 28 (1,775 Views)

★★ Expert

i wasn't quick enough to get the screenshot while three Sims were inside the bathroom (with the door closed), listening to/watching these two play.

Message 25 of 28 (1,719 Views)

Socialize through Walls?

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.50.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except My First Pet, Laundry Day, and Toddler Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a Sim interact with an object near a Talking Toilet or other object that you can "socialize" with while the Sim has low Social Need; make sure there is either a room or wall between the Sim and the object they would be talking to. (I used a Mixology Bar to test this, since it also roots the Sim to the Bar while they are practicing making drinks, or practicing bar tricks.) If done right, when the Sim needs to fulfill Social Need, they will attempt to converse with the sociable object through the wall. (A good setup to test this is to have a bathroom set up next to a bar/dining room, near the actual bar.)
What happens when the bug occurs? The Sim is able to speak/interact with objects through a wall.
What do you expect to see? Sims not speaking through walls, regardless if it's to an object or to another Sim. If the Sim has a Low Social Need, I should have to have my Sim go fulfill that need rather than them trying to speak through walls.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I've tested this issue on three different lots; I'm not sure how the game determines line of sight, or how Sims interact with objects that aren't normally reachable.

Some Notes:

- You can't direct the Sim to interact with the toilet through the wall, it happens autonomously.

- You can cancel the interaction when it happens, the Sim might start talking again to it if their Social Need is low.

Nothing game-breaking here, but it is kind of weird for a Sim to be chatting through the wall...if they were Eccentric maybe, but maybe all Sims are a degree of Eccentric?

- B

Message 26 of 28 (1,677 Views)

Hero

Hi @burin077 

this has been an issue for a while, not only in the scenario you're describing.

I've merged your post with the older thread on the issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 27 of 28 (1,669 Views)

Hero

Sims can no longer Serenade other Sims through a wall.

Fixed in Patch 1.54.120

This is only a partial fix for all the issues reported in this thread.

Seeing that each interaction will probably need to be fixed seperatly, please create a new thread for each interaction you see them do through walls.

Thanks.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 28 of 28 (5,185 Views)