[ARCHIVED] Sims don't sit down when eating

by NimrevD

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Sims don't sit down when playing games, watching TV, reading or eatin

★★★★ Novice

Been having this issue as well. My sims just crowd around the tv and stand there watching it.  They will also just stand and eat anywhere but the dining room table.

Message 21 of 91 (4,651 Views)

Re: Sims don't always eat at dining table

★★ Guide

I would not say this is a solution... or even a workaround.

Regarding eating at the table/counter, I found when ordering sims to grab a quick drink (i.e., oj, milk, or water) from the fridge while they are eating, they will grab the drink and go sit down automatically.

Message 22 of 91 (4,635 Views)

★ Guide

For some reason I don't have issues with eating, maybe because there is a big dinning table very close to refrigerator. Only with eating though, TVs are a huge problem now, especially when you have multiple sims standing around and blocking everything because they want to watch TV.

Message 23 of 91 (4,581 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I am having same problem . My sims don't sit and watch tv or sit and eat.

Message 24 of 91 (4,572 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims don't sit down when playing games, watching TV, reading or eatin

★ Novice

I have that same issue as well and I also have that pool issue where they don't use the pool ladder at all, swims close to the edge then stops when commands to swim laps, and jumping out of the pool and jumping back in when it comes to telling to sim to swim to the middle

Message 25 of 91 (4,550 Views)

Hero

@CrunkaDuck16 wrote:

I have that same issue as well and I also have that pool issue where they don't use the pool ladder at all, swims close to the edge then stops when commands to swim laps, and jumping out of the pool and jumping back in when it comes to telling to sim to swim to the middle

Swimming issue can be found here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-Sims-can-t-swim-laps/td-p/5817492/jump-to/fir...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 26 of 91 (4,538 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hello there's a fix for it. People with no mods complain about this. I took out all my mods and it happened so here's something to fix it. ModTheSims has a fis for it. <Removed link. Links to mods are not allowed at AHQ. Please just name the mod>

Message 27 of 91 (4,521 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same here. I tried this on new games without any mods and with diferent families, houses and neighborhoods.

The sims never sit down autonomously for any activities like eating, videogames or TV. Just obligatory interactions like using the computer or playing chess work.

I can make them to sit down manually but it is very annoying. Especially while eating, because they eat right at the place where they took the plate. If they got it out of the fridge, they will block it completely.

Message 28 of 91 (4,459 Views)

★★★ Guide

I've got this problem as well. Tested on every family I've made since the game came out, and some of these have the most comfy furniture available.

Esp when feeding them it becomes a problem. A sim will go to the fridge, grab a plate, and stand there eating. Then if I tell another Sim to fetch food or make food, the command will instantly cancel (without them complaining at all, mind you) like the fridge no longer exists.

When playing games on the TV, socializing, or doing pretty much anything that normally would include sitting, they just stand there and refuse to sit down unless I tell them to do it.

With larger families, making sure the fridge isn't constantly blocked becomes annoying very fast and the easy workaround is simply to have a fridge for every member of the family.

Oddly enough, if one sim makes a group meal and the others get a plate from there, usually they'll find somewhere to sit as long as there's a free seat by a table. They don't seem willing to eat in the couches anymore.

Message 29 of 91 (4,382 Views)

Re: Sims don't sit down when playing games, watching TV, reading or eatin

Hero

Sims are once again sitting to watch TV.
  • Alignment over a clear goal was brought to the table, in a face time generation of a sustainable proactive win-win spin-up of the problem. A holistic outside of the box approach was what ultimately brought our synergy to a proper wellness level, and allowed us to break through the clutter for an end of the day exit strategy to this issue.

Fixed in Patch 1.28.25

Taking Feedback for reading and eating before marking this as solved.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 30 of 91 (4,361 Views)