Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

[ARCHIVED] Sims don't sit down when eating

by NimrevD
Reply

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

[ARCHIVED] Sims don't sit down when eating

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Tested on new game without mods.

 

Before last patches sims always tried to sit down, if possible, when playing console games or watching TV. Now, depending on TV type, they may or may not sit down.

The TV for 500$ with Fun 5 is fine, but big expensive TVs, like the one for 4200$ with Fun 9 or 3400$ with Fun 8, are suffering from this bug. 

Message 1 of 91 (9,313 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

Re: [ARCHIVED] Sims don't sit down when eating

Hero

I'm archiving this thread as some issues are solved and some are not.

 

Please use these threads instead:

 

Happy Gaming
Crin


Trennlinie


I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.


Important Threads


View in thread

Message 91 of 91 (4,285 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

Re: [OPEN] Sims don't try to sit down when playing games or watching TV

Hero

Added

Happy Gaming
Crin


Trennlinie


I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.


Important Threads


Message 2 of 91 (9,245 Views)
Highlighted

Sims don't sit while watching television

★★ Newbie
After the toddlers update I've noticed my sims will no longer sit down to watch TV unless I click on the sofa and make them sit down. Anyone else experiencing this issue? I traveled to another household with one of my family members and noticed the NPC's at the other household were standing in front of their TV as well so seems it's definitely a bug that needs to be looked in to...
Message 3 of 91 (9,179 Views)
Highlighted

Re: [OPEN] Sims don't try to sit down when playing games or watching TV

★ Expert

The most annoying is the fact that sim after command "take a dish" - he is standing before the fridge and there he eats, blocking access to fridge for the other members of the family.

Message 4 of 91 (8,938 Views)
Highlighted

Re: [OPEN] Sims don't try to sit down when playing games or watching TV

★★★★★ Novice

I've spotted this bug as well. They stand in front of the refrigerator and will only sit if directed about 70% of the time. The other 30%, they may chose to sit down while eating. As for the TV, they stay standing 100% of the time unless directed to sit. Since it is a fresh save, my sims are poor and can only afford the Penguin TV.

Message 5 of 91 (8,785 Views)
Highlighted

Re: [OPEN] Sims don't sit down when playing games, watching TV, reading or eatin

★★ Newbie

This same thing happens to me, except it doesn't seem to matter which TV I use.  At first I thought it was a proximity to sofa problem (as I had the two spaced further away than I normally do) but then realized it wasn't and is instead some weird bug.  

 

I hope it gets fixed soon, because it is quite awkward having sims standing around staring at the TV and annoying to have to go through and manually direct them each to the sofa.

Message 6 of 91 (8,715 Views)
Highlighted

Re: [OPEN] Sims don't sit down when playing games, watching TV, reading or eatin

★★ Newbie

I've noticed the same thing and it just seems that every interaction  I tell my sim to do also takes twice as long now. They just stand there ages before doing anything whilst everything else going on in the background carries on as usual. So its not an issue with the game freezing or anything.

Message 7 of 91 (8,685 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Sims don't always eat at dining table

★★ Newbie
So my sims like to just hang out in the kitchen to eat... they don't even go sit down anywhere (except one child occasionally). I have a table near by with plenty of seating, but still, everyone seems ro just want to eat by the fridge, even if I tell them other wise.
I don't know how to send you a file? But it happens in the homes.
Message 8 of 91 (8,541 Views)
Highlighted

Re: [OPEN] Sims don't try to sit down when playing games or watching TV

★★★★ Novice

I have this issues too.

 

My sims don't sit down while watching tv, and eat standing up.

Message 9 of 91 (8,618 Views)
Highlighted

Re: [OPEN] Sims don't sit down when playing games, watching TV, reading or eatin

★★★★ Novice

My Sims are standing even with the cheap TV.

Message 10 of 91 (8,554 Views)