Re: Sims Don't Sit Down While Eating When Watching TV Even With Seating Availabl

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Sims still won't sit when eating

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@PixelMarie I've been having the exact same issue. My Sims don't have a proper dining table because they don't have a lot of money, but they refuse to sit on the bed which is right next to them whilst eating, and instead stand blocking the fridge (even if I direct them to move or to sit). I placed a dining chair to test and they will sit down there if directed, but it takes a long time for them to do it and they still refuse to do it on their own.

Message 71 of 91 (2,060 Views)

Sims Don't Sit Down While Eating When Watching TV Even With Seating Available

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all SPs and EPs except Toddler Stuff, which I plan on getting soon.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a Sim make something to eat, and then direct them to watch a tv which has available seating nearby.
What happens when the bug occurs? Every time I direct a Sim to go into their living room and watch tv while they eat, they just stand up and eat while watching tv instead of going to any nearby available seating to do so. This issue persists even with CC and mods disbled.
What do you expect to see? I'd expect Sims to properly sit down in any of the available seats in front of the tv when I direct them to watch tv while eating rather than standing and eating in front of the tv.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I'm not sure which patch caused it, but this issue has not always been present in my game, which makes me think that a more recent patch may be responsible.

I've been noticing a strange issue. After my Sims make something to eat, I like to direct them to watch tv while they eat. My Sims used to sit in one of the seats in their living room automatically when I directed them to do this, but they don't anymore. Now, whenever I direct a Sim to do this, they just go over and stand in front of the tv to watch it while they eat. At first, I wondered if it was a routing problem caused by the coffee table, but that wasn't the case. While they were standing and eating, I directed them to sit down, and they did so without any problems, still watching the tv as they ate.

Long story short, my Sims no longer pick a seat automatically when I direct them to watch tv while eating, even when there are available seats nearby. They just stand in front of the tv to do it and I have to manually make them sit down. This has not always been an issue, and I suspect that one of the more recent patches might be responsible.

Message 72 of 91 (2,064 Views)

Re: Sims Don't Sit Down While Eating When Watching TV Even With Seating Availabl

Hero

@Lorraine-Simmer

do they sit to watch TV when not eating ?

Merged your post

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 73 of 91 (2,012 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@crinrict

Just tested this. Everything works just fine when Sims aren't eating. They sit down and watch tv as normal without me having to manually direct them to sit down. This really only seems to be a problem when they're eating. Since this was merged, I'm going to go ahead and give the OP a me too. I can definitely confirm that this is indeed an issue.

Message 74 of 91 (2,008 Views)

★ Pro
@crinrict

Yes Sims insist on sitting down on their own while eating. But when I direct them to sit they will sit down and eat (in my game)
Message 75 of 91 (1,994 Views)

EA Sims Team

Just to update this thread - it looks like it's by design that Sims have a tendency to stand while drinking.  We're looking into the other issues though.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 76 of 91 (1,958 Views)

★ Pro
@SimQARobo
...and for "standing while "eating" lately too.
Message 77 of 91 (1,946 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Hi @Lorraine-Simmer

Would you be happy to upload a save where this issue is occurring as per the instructions here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/60653...

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide. 

Message 78 of 91 (1,936 Views)

★★ Apprentice

All EPs, no CC or mods... Sims will stand up in front of the fridge while eating 90% of the time, unless someone else is sitting at the table/on the couch.

Message 79 of 91 (1,854 Views)

Hero

@Francl27

would you be willing to share your save with QA ? If so, please follow instructions in the post above by @IrishMadCat_EA

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 80 of 91 (1,844 Views)