Re: Sims still won't sit when eating

by PixelMarie

Original Post

Hero

Hi @TheSteelRodent

merged your post with exiting bug report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 61 of 91 (1,224 Views)

Hero

Sims should now sit when they play the console game if there is an available seat nearby.
  • Obviously… have you ever tried to rocket jump standing up, the balance to weight ratio of the stick to foot differential completely messes with the timing.

The gaming part of this threads should now also be solved.

Taking feedback on the eating.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 62 of 91 (1,216 Views)

★ Apprentice

My sims will not sit down when eating, instead they stand idly next to the fridge or wherever they got the serving from. It happens to me since I installed the toddler stuff pack patch. They also will not sit down when I direct them to sit on the chair. It's very frustrating Frown

Message 63 of 91 (1,146 Views)

Re: Sims don't sit down when playing games, watching TV, reading or eatin

★★★★ Pro

I found that sitting during dinners works better if there is no second "conflicting" table in the same distance from the fridge - which is often the case if you have a table on the terrace.

Message 64 of 91 (1,131 Views)

Hero

@Karlialee wrote:

My sims will not sit down when eating, instead they stand idly next to the fridge or wherever they got the serving from. It happens to me since I installed the toddler stuff pack patch. They also will not sit down when I direct them to sit on the chair. It's very frustrating Frown

Hi @PixelMarie

sounds a bit different as you can't use a chair .. are you using any mods in your game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 65 of 91 (1,117 Views)

★★★ Novice

@crinrictThey will use the chairs just fine for other things and they will also use them if I tell them to sit down before they pick up the food but once they've started eating they won't move away from the fridge or the place where the food was served. I believe it's the same bug that was just reintroduced with the toddler patch.

Message 66 of 91 (1,108 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm Karlialee, I have no idea why it didn't post it under my username... Sorry about that.

Message 67 of 91 (1,107 Views)

Hero

I could always direct them to st down when they kept standing but I haven't tried since the patch as I was away.

I'll put this on the test list.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 68 of 91 (1,093 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Same. They stand in front of the fridge and block everyone else from getting into it -_- They have also stopped sitting at restaurants and they just stand around idly until the food arrives then they start eating, get up, stand idly, sit down, continue eating, repeat. I have no mods installed.  

Message 69 of 91 (1,071 Views)

Hero

@LianneKa wrote:

@crinrictThey will use the chairs just fine for other things and they will also use them if I tell them to sit down before they pick up the food but once they've started eating they won't move away from the fridge or the place where the food was served. I believe it's the same bug that was just reintroduced with the toddler patch.

I've been trying to duplicate this but mine lately insist on sitting down on their own.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 70 of 91 (1,060 Views)