Re: Sims don't sit down when playing games, watching TV, reading or eatin

by chidoriaida

Original Post

★★★ Apprentice

I was referred here from the Sims 4 forum with the eating bug. Original post can be found here:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/914882/sims-still-not-sitting-down#latest

I have played 3 different households after the March patch, and all of them are doing the same thing, they will stand in front of the fridge to eat after grabbing the food, thus preventing other sims from accessing the fridge. The fridge is not at the corner at any of those houses. I took screenshots from the biggest house - please see comments below:

# 1 - This is where the fridge originally located; sim will stand in front of the fridge after getting food.

# 2 - Removed one counter and moved the fridge in between for more space, sim still stands in front of the fridge after grabbing food.

# 3 - Moved fridge to the middle of the kitchen, sim finally walks over to the dining table and sits down to eat.

But then again, I shouldn't have to leave the fridge in the middle of the kitchen for this to work though... Now my only workaround is to direct the sims to sit.

Message 31 of 91 (1,420 Views)

Hero

Thanks for the report

Eating does still seem to be an issue. Not as bad as before but still.

I've adjusted the title. TV and reading was fine for me.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 32 of 91 (1,402 Views)

★ Guide

Sims also still don't sit when they play console games.

Message 33 of 91 (1,388 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Thanks! Hopefully this issue will be fixed soon.

Message 34 of 91 (1,379 Views)

not sitting

★★★★ Novice

So, my Sims are not sitting down to eat leftovers from fridge. They take a portion from the fridge and eat while standing in front of it. They sit alright if the food is on the balcony or if they buy it from the stall, however. Do not have any mod, only a few CC clothes. 

Message 35 of 91 (1,358 Views)

Re: not sitting

Hero

Hi @Laryake

merged your post with exiting report

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 36 of 91 (1,344 Views)

EA Live QV Team

@chidoriaida and @Laryake We are investigating this issue but if you could provide answers to the following questions that would be really helpful.

What size families are you playing when this occurs? Did this occur on multiple lots or a specific lot? What was the cooking level of the Sims involved and the type of meals eaten standing up? Did changing the oven or the fridge resolve the issue? 

Thank you in advance for any further information you can provide.

Message 37 of 91 (1,333 Views)

EA Sims Team

Save files may be helpful also.  If anyone has save files that you're willing to share, please PM me or IrishMadCat_EA.

Thank you.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 38 of 91 (1,321 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@IrishMadCat_EA The main family I'm playing with has two members. But the problem occurs in multiple lots and multiple worlds. In the main family, one Sim is lvl 10 at cooking and the other is lvl 1, but both of them eat while standing. 
Occurs with any kind of food since it's leftover, meaning that the food was previously put away into the fridge, and also with Quick Meals that do not need to go to microwave (e.g. cereal, yogurt). 
Changing the oven or the fridge or both didn't resolve the issue.
Oh, and it started happening after I installed Vampires Game Pack and Toddlers update.

Message 39 of 91 (1,314 Views)

EA Live QV Team

@Laryake Thank you for the response. Would you be happy to provide your save?

If so, please zip up this folder: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\saves and drop the file to this Mediafire-Link to upload.

Please make sure to name the zip file with your user name.

Message 40 of 91 (1,295 Views)