[ARCHIVED] Sims cannot propose

by DouglasButcher

Original Post

Re: [FEEDBACK] Sims cannot propose

Champion (Retired)

@Aurea97

It seems you ran in to the same issue I had. 

Do either of the two sims have any other romantic interest? if so ask the sim to be just friends. Does any or all marriage options become available.

Notice this issue is not the same as the previous where Propose is greyed out But I would like to see if the same workaround works in this case.

This issue does not happen every time so you may also try loading a savegame prior to proposing and try again.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 391 of 415 (2,259 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you so much! Asking one of the characters to "be just friends" with the other sims they were involved with seems to have fixed the issue. 

Message 392 of 415 (2,246 Views)

Re: Sims cannot marry. Says one sim is employed by the other.

★★★ Newbie
I am having the same problem where my Sim A and Sim B wants to get married, but when Sim A wants to ask Sim B, the "you can't merry employed personell" messege pops up, and when sim B ask sim A, the action just disappears before entering the "white actually doing the action zone". Even after sim A quit her job... any advice?
Message 393 of 415 (2,198 Views)

★★ Guide
The short answer is break them up using the just Friends social, then rebuild the romantic relationship. Also try disabling any mods you have to see if a mid may be affecting the game. Good luck!
Message 394 of 415 (2,195 Views)

Hero

@Numse-Nanna wrote:
I am having the same problem where my Sim A and Sim B wants to get married, but when Sim A wants to ask Sim B, the "you can't merry employed personell" messege pops up, and when sim B ask sim A, the action just disappears before entering the "white actually doing the action zone". Even after sim A quit her job... any advice?

Is your game updated to the newest version ? Any mods/cc in your game ? 

Were your Sims promised as teens or do you have multiple relationships ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 395 of 415 (2,185 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I'm having this issue still too, even after the most recent patch. They were able to propose and get engaged but they can't marry because of the "same employ" message. These are both my own created Sims, one was a doctor, the other in management. Even quitting both their jobs said the same message. They've never been employed by the other either. The Sim asked her to move in, then proposed.

I understand there's the work around of making the Sim end all romantic interests, but with a Sim who has 17 romantic relationships, I'm really not interested in that route. I shouldn't have to spend hours going back and changing the entire game so one feature will stop being bugged. I'm not posting for workaround ideas, just to say it's still happening and I hope it's fixed in a way that doesn't interrupt the gameplay.

Edit: Since restarting the game after making them quit, the female Sim (with only 1 romantic relationship) is able to initiate the wedding since I moved her in. The male (17 romantic relationships) still isn't.

Message 396 of 415 (1,987 Views)

Hero

Hi @xMissing01x

did the Sim have a relationship from before it was fixed or was it a new one from after the patch ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 397 of 415 (1,966 Views)

★★★ Novice

They met and started the relationship after the patch.

Message 398 of 415 (1,889 Views)

Hero

Seems it's not entirely fixed.

Should still be on the list.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 399 of 415 (1,875 Views)

★ Novice
Sorry! I just saw this! I think I aged up 2 sims who were promised and they wouldn't propose to each other as adults. It went away and I haven't had a problem since. I don't use mods. Thank you for your response! You're awesome!
Message 400 of 415 (1,839 Views)