Re: [OPEN] Sims cannot propose

by 1Kimi115

Original Post

Champion (Retired)
@crinrict
I may have found a common factor to the "cannot propose to someone in your employ". Very recently this happened in two different saves.
In both cases the Sims were in a club with my Teen as leader. I did not disband the club when my Teen became a YA but they were no longer in the club. The Sims in both cases had been club members.
Going to test to see if I can delete the club.
EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 311 of 415 (790 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@EuphorialQueen wrote:
@crinrict
I may have found a common factor to the "cannot propose to someone in your employ". Very recently this happened in two different saves.
In both cases the Sims were in a club with my Teen as leader. I did not disband the club when my Teen became a YA but they were no longer in the club. The Sims in both cases had been club members.
Going to test to see if I can delete the club.
Since the age limit was Teen my now YA Sim cannot do anything with the club they founded.
Tried romancing a game generated Sim they had never met. Still get no option to propose along with the "cannot propose to someone in your employ" message.
Tried going back to "Just being friends" on two different Sims and there was no change.
EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 312 of 415 (773 Views)

Hero

Do they have any other romantic relationships ? Try removing them all.

There was also another suggestion a few pages back but I can't remember what it was and currently don't have the time to go back.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 313 of 415 (766 Views)

Re: Proposal & Relationship Bug?

★★★ Apprentice
Don't have them exchange promise rings anymore. It interferes with the ability to propose. You need to have them become just friends and then rebuild their romantic relationship. Also clear any other romantic relationships if applicable.
Message 314 of 415 (754 Views)

Can't ask to be boyfriend/girlfriend

★★★★★ Newbie

Okay, so I know this question has been asked before, but I have a different situation to the other threads I've read. In the ones I've read, one of the sims has an ex that prevents them from asking out their latest partner. This isn't the case for me.

One of my sims met their partner as a teenager. They dated and even exchanged promise rings, and they became "soulmates" when they were still in high school. However, now they've both aged up into young adults, and even though both their friendship and romantic bars are at 100%, they can't even ask each other out. It also says they are both single when they ask each other. They can WooHoo and Try for a Baby, and they moved in together, but they're not even officially boyfriend and girlfriend.

I'm aware that there is a cheat to reset relationship and romantic bars, but I'm hoping there is another alternative that doesn't involve having to work all the way back up to 100% romance bar.

Thanks for helping.

Message 315 of 415 (758 Views)

Re: Can't ask to be boyfriend/girlfriend

Champion (Retired)

You said it yourself "they exchanged promise rings".

The workaround for this has been posted multible times in this thread by me and others.

The solution is to ask to be just friends and build up romance again. Takes about 10 minutes to get it up to the necessary 10% after which a Woohoo will take it up to the level required to ask for Boyfriend/girlfriend and marriage proposal

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 316 of 415 (741 Views)

Re: Can't ask to be boyfriend/girlfriend

★★★★★ Newbie

Ah alright, thanks for the help. I'll do that right now and update you on whether this works or not.

Message 317 of 415 (718 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm having same issue with Bella Goth.  I convinced her to leave her spouse, but "Propose" is grayed out with the same message everyone else is getting.  I've gotten it when I removed every mod, with only clothing mods, and with A TON of mods.  Doesn't appear to be mod related..  I've gotten it using "testingcheats on" and without it.  The only cheats I turn on are "cas.fulleditmode", "bb.showhiddenobjects" and bb.freebuild, and "bb..ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement".  This has almost got to be update oriented somewhere in the C++ stuff.  My Sim is currently married, but I can at least FIX that in game or thru cheats on.  I'll try getting her to propose to me to at least have a workaround point to pass along.  I write Borland, have no experience at all with the mods so all I can do is pass it along to the wizards who create.

Message 318 of 415 (692 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
You need to clear all other romantic relationships on both ends. Also have them become just friends and then rebuild their romantic relationship. Hope this helps.
Message 319 of 415 (684 Views)

Sims cannot propose

★★★ Newbie
I can't get my sims to propose I've got there love bar to the top and friend bar all the way to the top and they were bf/gf but once they aged up they weren't I made them do the promise rings thing if that's got anything to do with it but now they're not bf/gf and I can't choose that and they can't propose either.
Message 320 of 415 (662 Views)