Proposal & Relationship Bug?

by emilymargaret16

Original Post

Re: my sims will have the option to propose?

★★ Novice

They are not teens

Message 301 of 415 (941 Views)

★★ Novice

Did you report it?

Message 302 of 415 (940 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims cannot propose

★★ Novice

Having this issue. My sim was part of a bad family situation so as a teen she moved in with her boyfriend's family where they got promised to one another and aged up on the same day via a birthday cake. Ever since then, they have not had the options for "ask to be boyfriend/girlfriend" or "propose". As others have mentioned, they both have the option for "ask if single" even though they've been in a relationship since teen years. Both of the Sims are part of my played household and neither of them have any of these options. It really seems like this has something to do with promising as a teen, I'll never be doing that again. For story progression purposes, I'll be using someones aforementioned workaround by marrying them in cas.fulleditmode and then staging a vow renewal as a faux wedding. This is a pretty crappy bug that I hope gets sorted out soon! I have no CC or Mods. 

Message 303 of 415 (938 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
I understand that. Sometimes IF either one of them had been promised to another sim as a teen then it would interfere with the ability to propose with this new bug. If not you just need to make sure that all other romantic relationships have been cleared. You might also have to have them be just friends and then rebuild their romantic relationships.
Message 304 of 415 (935 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims cannot propose

★★★ Apprentice
You said that they were promised as teens... that is a key element of this bug. Have them become just friends and then rebuild their romantic relationship. IF there were other romantic relationships or partners at all, clear them.
Message 305 of 415 (934 Views)

Proposal & Relationship Bug?

★ Novice

So, I'm bitter. For about five days now, I've been having an issue regarding romantic relationships and proposals. I had two teens dating, and rather than aging them up with a cake, I did it through CAS. When it came time for my male sim to propose, the option never came up. Their friendship and romance meters were both maxed out. I read somewhere that this could be a mod issue, so I took ALL my mods out and tried again. Still nothing. So, leaving the mods out, I repaired my game. Still nothing. I thought the patch might fix it, but alas, nothing. I left it alone and decided to get back in game today, starting with a completely different family. Yet again, I had two teen sims begin a romantic relationship. She asked him to be her boyfriend, they exchanged promise rings, the whole shebang. I aged them both up on the same day via birthday cake and then moved them in together. On their relationship chart, it shows that they are "lovebirds", "promised", "just friends", and "just good friends", EVEN THOUGH THEY HAVE BEEN DATING SINCE THEY WERE TEENS. And now, my female sim wants to ask her boyfriend to be her boyfriend. Their friendship meter is almost maxed out, and their romantic meter has been maxed out for a while. I'm on the brink of throwing away my laptop. Send help soon.

Message 306 of 415 (899 Views)

Re: Proposal & Relationship Bug?

@emilymargaret16 merged your post with an existing bug post on this issue.

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 307 of 415 (883 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I'm getting this issue too.
I created a sim, within 10 mins of him being in the game, i built him up to boyfriend and moved him in with my main.
One of my sims is married to our gardener, had no problems there.
But this new guy that has moved in, we have high relationship, he is a secret agent and I can't propose because he's "my employee".
He's not. How can i dismiss someone that ISN'T employed by me?

I don't use mods or cheats or custom content. And neither are in a "romantic relationship"

The ONLY way i could solve this, was to propose the other way around.
MY thinking is, because HE is a romantic, maybe the "tradition" of it is that HE has to do the asking, not her?
But then the "dismiss employee" option isn't accurate.
I'm rambling. Sorry

Message 308 of 415 (859 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@LisaLadybirD82

See my explanation of what causes this earlier in this thread and how to workaround it if you encounter it again.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 309 of 415 (854 Views)

★★ Guide

My apologies, let me edit my post.

Message 310 of 415 (847 Views)