Re: marrying a sim in your employ would be inappropriate"

by 1Kimi115

Original Post

★★★ Apprentice
For me it was because my sims were promised as teens, which may or may not be the case with you. What has worked for most according to this thread, have your sim and desired partner become just friends and then rebuild their relationship, also be sure to clear all other romantic relationships for both sims. Hope this helps!
Message 281 of 415 (4,149 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Hi @j3lly93

The solution has been posted several times in this thread by me and others.

In the cases where Propose is greyed out one or both Sims have boyfriends/romantic interests they need to break up with.

Nothing new in that but the error message is wrong saying that you can't marry someone in your employ where it should have said that they were engaged.

So for this case have both break up with any romantic interests (ask to just be friends)

For the bug where Propose is not an option I also posted what causes that and how to solve it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 282 of 415 (4,140 Views)

How do I unemploy a romanic interest so that they can marry?

★★ Newbie

How do I unemploy a romantic interest so that they can marry?

Message 283 of 415 (4,097 Views)

Re: How do I unemploy a romanic interest so that they can marry?

Champion (Retired)

If they are employed by you, you simply fire them.

If you instead mean ending a romance, ask them to be "Just friends".

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 284 of 415 (4,086 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims cannot propose

★★ Novice

Hello all, I have been searching for days on this issue. Nobody had a solution.

I have found the reason this is happening and how to fix it.

The reason this is happening is because the sim you are trying to marry is living in your house. It seems to be some issue with the female sims, not the males.

Once you move the sim you are trying to marry into a unplayed house, then you can be married or elope.

This does seem to be sort of a bug, but this fixes it.

Message 285 of 415 (4,023 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

Hi @Dragonglenn1978

See my explanation of what causes the two bugs discussed in this thread and their workarounds.

Since what you describe wouldn't fix either of these issues it seems your problem is different.

Since it is perfectly possible to marry two Sims living as roommates I would guess that it was caused by a Mod or CC.

Message 286 of 415 (4,013 Views)

★★ Novice
I havr no mods. I went back to my orginal sim and she is still having the same issue. Seem like it maybe something to do with the aspiration serial romantic. I have two serial romantic sims and both have this issue.
Message 287 of 415 (4,008 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Serial romantics may refuse a proposal even if the romance and friendship is high enough. Is this what happened for you?

Message 288 of 415 (4,005 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
That is a common problem with this marriage bug too. You have to have all other romantic partners cleared, and your desired partner sims become just friends and then rebuild their relationship.
Message 289 of 415 (3,991 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] Sims cannot marry because Sim supposingly employed when not

★★ Novice

Hi, sorry to hear you are having this problem. Did your sims exchange promise rings when the were Teenagers? if so, this will prevent the two sims from marrying. What you need to do is: 

- with your sim, clink on their partner and select the friendly option

- select the interaction "ask to just be friends"

- the romance bar should automatically decrease to nothing

- then build up their relationship again (should not take long, if does take longer than expected, buy an incense stick in build mode and select "romantic sandle wood" as this is a great way to get your sims feeling flirty)

- select in the romantic category "ask to be boyfriend/girlfriend

- Build up their relationship some more

- select the propose option in the romantic category when ready

- ENJOY!!

Hope this helped, HAPPY SIMMING!!!! Standard smile Standard smile

Message 290 of 415 (3,964 Views)