Re: Sims relationship

by Miche032

Original Post

Sims relationship

★★★★★ Novice

Quick question! My sims when they were teens were in a relationship (still are) and they gave each other promise rings.  I can't get my sims to get married now.  How can I fix it?

Message 141 of 415 (1,296 Views)

Re: My Sims Won't Marry

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

I am also getting the message that 'Sim cannot marry while in your employ',  Both Sims are Sims I created and played from child up to their current age of young adult.  They dated as teens and got engaged when they became young adults.  

FYI, I hadn't played this game file for awhile, but I recently went into it and I noticed that when I tried to get them married that the option is now grayed out.  I then moved them in hopes that would help and it appeared to do so until I saved, quit and reloaded the game and the option was grayed out again.  

So far I have only noticed this in this game file.

I don't have any mods/CC in my game, I'm on Windows 10, my game is up to date with patches and I have all packs but the vampire pack.  

Thanks and regards,

Jennifer

As an update to this,

1) The two Sims in this couple had completed the 'serial romantic' aspiration as teens.  I had not ended the relationships with the other Sims (I don't remember that being an option when I was playing this file which was a while back).  So I had each of them now do the 'ask to be friends' with most of the people they had been in a relationship with.  Also, since this Sim couple had been 'promised to each other' as teens I had one of them ask the other 'to be friends' and then built their relationship back up to the point where they could become boyfriend/girlfriend and become engaged again and the option to get married is no longer grayed out (FYI, I had one Sim end their relationships first and he was able to initiate get married and the female Sim, who I had not yet had break off her other relationships, was unable to initiate the 'get married' interaction until after she broke off most of her prior relationships). 

2) I noticed I had another file where the option to get engaged wasn't coming up even though their friend/romance bars were both maxed. This Sim couple had also been 'promised to each other' as teens so I had one of them ask the other 'to be friends' and then used a relationship cheat to put their relationship back to the point where they could become boyfriend/girlfriend and then the option to propose did come up (and they are now married).

Message 142 of 415 (1,298 Views)

Hero

Hi @Miche032

HI've merged you post with existing bug report

You have to remove their relationship and cheat it back up. Then it should work

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 143 of 415 (1,287 Views)

My Sims can't get engaged

★★★★ Novice

Every time I choose a sims to propose, the game deletes the action and both of the sims bug out for a second. I do have mods but I see other simmers with the same mods who do no experience these problems. I even tried to delete the folder that held my saved data from game and start over again but I still ended up with the same result. I tried using the mod conflict detector but I still can't seem to figure out the mod that's doing this.

Message 144 of 415 (1,236 Views)

Re: My Sims can't get engaged

@dmagic6 merged with a thread already existing about this. Please see the first page for more info.

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 145 of 415 (1,213 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I had this same issue, my teens were promised to each other and they were unable to propose to each other after they aged up to young adults (not grayed out, the option never came up).  

I read that if you have them 'ask to be friends' and then build their romantic relationship back up the option will come up to propose, so I did this, though I used the relationship cheat to bring their romance back up, and I was then able to propose after I had them become boyfriend/girlfriend again.  

Also, if they had any relationships with anyone else that weren't ended, it helps to 'ask to be friends' with those relationships too.

Best regards,

Jennifer

Message 146 of 415 (1,199 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Now when I do that will they get mad at one another?? Also, that happened because they gave each other promos rings?
Message 147 of 415 (1,196 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

If you 'ask to be friends' it just removes their romance.  Their friendship is left intact.  You can build up their romance through romantic interactions or use a relationship cheat to build it back up.

You will have to have one of them ask the other to be their boyfriend/girlfriend.

I've had this happen in two files where the Sims were promised as teens, so it seems like that can cause problems.

Best regards,
Jennifer

Message 148 of 415 (1,193 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Thank you so much!
Message 149 of 415 (1,180 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims cannot propose

★ Apprentice

I was having the issue where Plan Wedding Event and Elope Immediately options were both greyed out due to it being inappropriate to marry an employee.  Neither of the sims that were trying to marry were service sims at any point.  However, one of the sims had multiple girlfriends/boyfriends.

After reading some of the suggestions in this thread, I had the sim in question end the other romantic relationships with other sims and the option became available.

It is worth noting that I only ended the romantic relationships in which my sim was the girlfriend of the other sims.  I kept the relationship of one of the sims that she was in a romantic relationship with but had not become of the girlfriend of and the option still became available.  This seems to be linked somehow to having multiple relationships that have reached the status of girlfriend/boyfriend.  It may also be worth nothing that none of the other romantic relationships were service sims.

Message 150 of 415 (1,165 Views)