Re: [OPEN] Sims cannot propose

by SarahASims

Original Post

Re: [TO ADD] Sims cannot marry because Sim supposingly employed when not

★ Novice

I am having the same issue.  I have been trying to get Sofia Bergensen and one of my CAS created sims married and the option to propose is not there.  I read on the other boards and they said that it might be because of the restaurant.  The family that I am playing does not own the restaurant but another family I created and was playing did own the restaurant so I had her  sell it.  Still not  proposal option.  I have no mods in my game.

Message 81 of 415 (2,054 Views)

Re: Sims can't Propose

★ Novice
I get the option to propose, and then the action just stops. I've tried everything and nothing will work. I will click "propose" and then my sims will begin the action then it just completely stops and won't proceed. The same thing happens with the "flirt" and "woohoo" actions, too. The woohoo only doesn't work in double beds. Luckily it still works everywhere else. This is really annoying though because I want to have some weddings and I cannot!
Message 82 of 415 (2,041 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

Has anyone found a solution to this yet? The sim I can't propose to is unemployed but the option is greyed out because they are in my "employ". 

Thanks,

Message 83 of 415 (2,004 Views)

Sims cant get married

★★★ Newbie
So I have 2 sims and one was able to propose, but now they can't get married. We can hold the wedding, bUT they can't actally get married. One sim has the option to marry the other, but it just disappears from the actions panel. When I try it the other way, the "plan wedding event" button is faded and it says I need to fire the sim in order to peruse him further. He wasn't working for his fiancé and I went so far as to make him quit his job, but still says I need to fire him. What should I do?
Message 84 of 415 (1,979 Views)

Re: Sims cant get married

Hero

Hi @jxrdanthekid

merged with existing bug report.

there's a few suggestions in this thread you can try

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 85 of 415 (1,972 Views)

Re: Sims can't Propose

★★ Novice

OMG I have the same issue. The sad thing is my 2 have been together since they were teens so they have all the stats like promised, soulmate and etc but I can't propose. 12/30/16

Message 86 of 415 (1,945 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I had this issue in my game for the first time today, it was also the first time in awhile in my game that I had my two teenage lovebirds become promised. I don't know if that was the issue, but I had been using romantic command after command to no end of the "Propose" option just not being there. I then had my sim1 ask my sim2 to "just be friends," after all this time 😰
Surely enough I watched their romance slip away, only to realize the "promised" label was no longer in their relationship panel. Off to work I went on rekindling their love, and boom- we just had a fabulous wedding. Cursed promise rings.
Message 87 of 415 (1,934 Views)

★★ Guide
Great to hear! I'm glad that worked for you.
Message 88 of 415 (1,925 Views)

Marriage Proposal bug

★ Novice

Why can't my sim propose, they are both young adults, does this now affect whether you can perform this action?

Message 89 of 415 (1,896 Views)

★★★ Novice

In case anyone still has the problem, my fix was similar. 

I had done the exchange promise rings as teens. After becoming young adults there was no option. Had to select "Just be friends" rebuild and the option was there after become girlfriend. 

Message 90 of 415 (1,901 Views)