Re: MY SIMS CANT GET MARRIED

Hero

HI @tigeress24689

merged your thread

There's a few suggestions here in this one. Please try those

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 71 of 415 (4,257 Views)

Can't Ask To Be Boyfriend/Girlfriend in The Sims 4

★★★ Newbie

Hey guys, sorry, I know this question has been asked a lot but I'm still having issues.

I've got a YA couple (male/female) that exchanged promise rings when they were teenagers. I threw them both birthday parties and they obviously aged up at around the same time. They are now living together, have a child together, have full friendship bar and a full relationship bar and there's still no option to become girlfriend/boyfriend or go steady or anything like that. They both say they're single when asked but no other option ever comes up.

Is this just something I'm going to have to live with or am I doing something wrong?

Thank you in advance!

Message 72 of 415 (4,217 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims cannot propose

★★ Apprentice

One is my sims is not able to propose to his girlfriend. There's a message that says something like it's inappropriate to marry this sim in your employ. Is it because he has commitment issues as one of his traits? His girlfriend lives with him and their 3 children they have together. They just can't get engaged or married.

Message 73 of 415 (4,212 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Can't Ask To Be Boyfriend/Girlfriend in The Sims 4

Hero

@emmahartley96wrote:

Hey guys, sorry, I know this question has been asked a lot but I'm still having issues.

I've got a YA couple (male/female) that exchanged promise rings when they were teenagers. I threw them both birthday parties and they obviously aged up at around the same time. They are now living together, have a child together, have full friendship bar and a full relationship bar and there's still no option to become girlfriend/boyfriend or go steady or anything like that. They both say they're single when asked but no other option ever comes up.

Is this just something I'm going to have to live with or am I doing something wrong?

Thank you in advance!

Merged your thread with current bug. 

Try some of the solution suggested here.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 74 of 415 (4,201 Views)

Re: Can't Ask To Be Boyfriend/Girlfriend in The Sims 4

★★ Novice

I recently had this problem today on my game. Two sims that were promised, unable to do anything once they became YA. I had them break up (just be friends) and rebuilt their romantic relationship. I was then able to ask to be a couple/propose/get married. Hope this helps someone. 

Message 75 of 415 (4,193 Views)

★ Novice
I have the same problem. The male is a gym trainer and the female is an astronaut. It says, "Marrying a simple in your employ would be inappropriate. Dismiss them from their role to further pursue a relationship." They are not roommates, because it's not giving me that option. They even have a child together and it won't let me propose. I have no mods or cc and I have the most recent update. I have no expansion packs or add-ons either. I have regular sims 4 with nothing added on. How do I make them roommates and/or engaged/married?
Message 76 of 415 (4,188 Views)

★★ Guide
Try using the "invite to household." Use a lot of friendly and romantic socials to get this option. After you add him/her to the household the option to "propose" should appear after twenty-four hours. You can also use the "add to household" cheat but the "invite to household" cheat is much better.
Message 77 of 415 (4,167 Views)

★★ Guide
Oops sorry typo. The invite to household is not a cheat. Sorry. Hope that helps. It worked for me.
Message 78 of 415 (4,166 Views)

★ Apprentice

I'm having the same problem, I tried repairing my game it didn't work. there's sort of a workaround. If you move the sim in and do the cas.fulleditmode. But other than that I couldn't get them married at a wedding or eloping. Here's a current pic I took to post on forums. I didn't realize anyone else was having this problem as well. I even tried dismissing my butler but that didn't help either.

Message 79 of 415 (4,160 Views)

★ Apprentice

I just started to have this problem today. I play 4 people, 2 are families they are married and have previous boyfriends, girlfriend from before they were married because there aspiration was serial romantic. They married no problem, my other guy is also a serial romantic with commitment  issues has 4 boyfriends and 5 girlfriends and  married one of them, now I have a single guy normal with a girlfriend and boyfriend wanted to propose to one and that issue came up inappropriate to propose to someone employ and it's grayed out....I know this sounds terrible I do have 2 loving family's with children that are normal, juts hard work to keep them at that state with all this flirting and passionate kisses going on along with the random woohooing since city living came out...

Message 80 of 415 (4,151 Views)