Re: Sims cannot marry. Says one sim is employed by the other.

by ja420

Original Post

Re: Sims 4; Sim can't propose

★★ Guide
I'm getting the one about not being able to propose to an employee and the other is not showing up at all.
Message 61 of 415 (5,586 Views)

★★ Guide
Okay, I tried a workaround. I used the Just Friends social, rebuilt the romantic relationship and was able to go to gf/bf and then propose. Have to do this on every relationship but at least it lets you use the propose social.
Message 62 of 415 (5,578 Views)

★ Novice

My sim is a bit of a player, but he has a serious love interest he wants to marry.  He's currently also dating the gardener, I thought that perhaps that was creating a conflict, so I removed her from service, no dice.  Removed the romance and a girlfriend also at the house who is unemployed (has been since creation) was grayed out for the employment clause.  This is immensely frustrating. 

Message 63 of 415 (5,563 Views)

★★ Guide
Did you try the workaround? Also use it in both modded and unmixed modes.
Message 64 of 415 (5,541 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've been having problems with my sims on marriage.  One of them is Johnny Zest and then there's one of my custom characters.  This happened almost immediately upon downloading Luxury Stuff pack.  The Get Married Option greys out and says it would be inappropriate to marry a sim in your employ, please dismiss that person, etc.  It worked fine before I got the stuff pack on another sim couple.

Message 65 of 415 (5,537 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Guide
I had the same message. I was able to do that after adding the sim to the household but you had to wait 24 hours before they could get married. No cheats were involved. After 24 hours they were able to get married.
Message 66 of 415 (5,532 Views)

MY SIMS CANT GET MARRIED

★★★ Novice

I have two sims that have been dating sice they where teens and im trying to get they guy to propose but the option isnt coming up. I have rebooted my game and i have reset my sims but it still wont come up! 

Message 67 of 415 (5,399 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims cannot propose

★★★ Newbie

Im having the same problem and it is very annoying, have you found a solution yet?

Message 68 of 415 (5,426 Views)

Hero

Some seem to have luck in making sure there's no other love interests but I think it's inconclusive atm.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 69 of 415 (5,414 Views)

★★ Guide
It's a quirky bug at the very least but those two tricks seemed to work in my case. Merry Christmas, Crin 😊
Message 70 of 415 (5,405 Views)