Sims 4; Sim can't propose

by QueenofKale

Original Post

Re: [TO ADD] Sims cannot marry because Sim supposingly employed when not

★★★★★ Newbie

Having the same problem. But my people were already Y/A who were moved in with their bf/gf. At first I had the option to propose from one of the sims but couldn't marry. I broke them up and tested it with a different sim, same problem. No mods.

Message 51 of 415 (43,300 Views)

Re: Sims can't Propose

★★ Novice
Omg this is the exact same problem I have. Down to the attempts to fix. Smh and I it also happened yesterday. (12-17-16) 😔
Message 52 of 415 (43,302 Views)

★★ Novice

I had the same issue. I had them "Ask to just be friends" and then built up their romance again, and then was able to "ask to be girlfriend" and then propose ^_^ sucks that that's the current solution and hopefully it's fixed soon, but at least it's a solution

Message 53 of 415 (43,283 Views)

★★★ Novice

I aged up my played Sim at the time at a birthday party by having her make a wish on a cake. I had her girlfriend age up by using the age up feature on the cake. To age them down and back up I used cas.fulleditmode

Message 54 of 415 (43,262 Views)

★★★ Novice

Darn D: 

Message 55 of 415 (43,261 Views)

★★★ Novice

That sucks, I ended up today deciding to make them married in cas.fulleditmode and then I had them renew their vows in front of friends and family as a faux wedding. 

Message 56 of 415 (43,260 Views)

Sims 4; Sim can't propose

★★ Novice

The proposal option is not coming up for one of my sims. However, her and her boyfriend have 100 romance and 100 friendship. They are promised to one another and I do not know if that effects anything.

Message 57 of 415 (43,257 Views)

Re: Sims 4; Sim can't propose

[ Edited ]
Hero

@QueenofKale @SpiltInko

Merged your post. Think it's the same issue although different symptoms.

Can you try break them up and try again

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 58 of 415 (43,238 Views)

★★ Guide

I've got this too, Crin. I tried it both unmodded and modded versions - the same thing happens. It seems to be happening in all households and not just one or two in particular. I'm going to try a few things and see if I have any success.  Hope all is well and Happy Holidays. 

Message 59 of 415 (43,218 Views)

Hero

Which symptom are you seeing ? The employed message or not showing up at all ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 60 of 415 (43,215 Views)