Re: [TO ADD] Sims cannot marry because Sim supposingly employed when not

by Annl71

Original Post

Relationships

★★★ Newbie

I have lost the interaction to ask for girlfriend, get engaged, and get married. And I have only lost it for a set of my sims. I am also having the problem of when they are married, there is want for them to get married again. I don't know if that is fixable.

Message 21 of 415 (11,261 Views)

Re: Sims cannot marry. Says one sim is employed by the other.

★★ Novice

I just updated tonight and started playing and I am having the same issue. They could propose. One sim will allow to get married, but the other sim says the error. She does not work and does not have any services, so he is not employed by her. I moved him into the household before updating today.  Any other fixes? 

Message 22 of 415 (11,272 Views)

Re: Sims cannot marry. Says one sim is employed by the other.

Hero

It's unclear what's causing at this point.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 415 (11,252 Views)

Re: Relationships

Hero

@littlemomo23wrote:

I have lost the interaction to ask for girlfriend, get engaged, and get married. And I have only lost it for a set of my sims. I am also having the problem of when they are married, there is want for them to get married again. I don't know if that is fixable.

I've merged with existing thread.

Do you have the same symptoms as the others in this thread ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 415 (11,244 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I've been having the same problem since last update. The propose option is not grayed-out, it's not visible at all. I've tested with 2 couples who were promised as a teenager before the update. After the update, they became young adults but cannot get engaged nor get married. 

Message 25 of 415 (11,214 Views)

Hero

@Annl71 wrote:

I've been having the same problem since last update. The propose option is not grayed-out, it's not visible at all. I've tested with 2 couples who were promised as a teenager before the update. After the update, they became young adults but cannot get engaged nor get married. 

If it doesn't show up at all, you might see a different issue.

Are you using mods ? Does it happen for just that one couple or all of them ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 26 of 415 (11,168 Views)

★★ Novice

Same issue since the update. Not using mods. Teens who were promised, who became YA's, will not allow girlfriend, propose, or marry to come up. Other sims cannot propose or get married without the error message  that sims are employed by another sim, but neither work in the same field or with with/for one another. Only happened since the update.

Message 27 of 415 (11,129 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims cannot marry because Sim supposingly employed when not

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 28 of 415 (11,111 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@crinrict wrote:

@Annl71 wrote:

If it doesn't show up at all, you might see a different issue.

Are you using mods ? Does it happen for just that one couple or all of them ?

I'm not using mods. Same happend today with another couple. Now the proposal option was visible only once, but grayed out. Immediately after that, I tried again and the option was gone. I had my sims do some more friendly and romantic interactions, but I didn't see the option anymore. This is the 3rd couple in a row, so I can conclude it happens for all the couples. 
Message 29 of 415 (11,071 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims cannot marry because Sim supposingly employed when not

★★★ Newbie

I'm playing the downloaded Maxis sim Scrubs De Reve and he now has the same issue mentioned in this thread - Propose Marriage greyed out due to "employee relationship" regardless of the target romantic interest.  If someone proposes to him, his options to elope/wedding are greyed out, the other sim can select those options, but they immediately fail with no action taken (the icons just queue up and disappear in the actions bar) ...I haven't seen this issue with other sims yet, but I haven't played very marry other families in my game either. I have mods, and have removed them to run a "clean" game with the same results for poor Scrubs. I have automatic updates turned on and I didn't have any problems until after the latest update (12/01) which may or may not be related. But, before the patch he was engaged, so I know it was working for him a week ago! I had him break up and try with someone else...and someone else...and even at the Romance Festival, someone else with no success.He quit his job, sold his apartment, and even had a birthday! All to no avail.

Anyway, it's very annoying to have to stop playing my newest favorite Sim because he can't get married. Call me old fashioned, huh?

Message 30 of 415 (11,039 Views)