Re: Sims cannot marry. Says one sim is employed by the other.

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[ARCHIVED] Sims cannot propose

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

My sims cannot get married or even get engaged. The options are grayed out and it tells me that a sim is "employed" by the other sim and it would be inappropriate. The grayed-out function tells me that I should dismiss them from employment before attempting to marry. Obviously, this is related to the introduction of butlers in the upcoming game since you don't want people marrying their butlers for some reason. When will this be fixed?

EDIT (crin): There seems two different symptoms but I'm merging both as they might be the same issue

• Option greyed out saying that you can't marry an employee
  • Option not showing up at all
Message 1 of 415 (62,855 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [FEEDBACK] Sims cannot propose

Hero

Your Sim should no longer get the Unable to Propose dialog when attempting to propose to Sims who are not employed by the proposing Sim.
  • Now if they don’t want to marry you, they’ll just tell ya.
    • “Oooh, I would totally marry you, but my job… yea. It’s crunch time, we got a deadline. Oh, and my boss, real hard a-yea don’t get me started. And, I gotta work Saturdays too. Maybe next time.”

I'm marking this for Feedback for the moment as we had multiple issues in this thread.

It remains to be seen if all are fixed.

Feedback welcome

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 357 of 415 (31,888 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Is the Sim a serviceNPC that works for you ?

Doesn't sound like a bug rather than on purpose. Did you dismiss the Sim ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 415 (62,559 Views)

★★ Apprentice

No, it is not a service sim. I tried it with Nina Caliente as a test. Couldn't even propose to her. This problem started with the recent patch. Most likely, this is related to some function of the game where they don't want people marrying their butlers.

Message 3 of 415 (62,552 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

I assume you tested this on a vanilla game ?

Trying to duplicate

EDIT: I can't duplicate on my game. So if you're not using mods, would you be willing to share your save game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 415 (62,539 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I have no mods in this game. Have you got Origin set up to auto-update? Have you updated with the 12/1 patch?

Message 5 of 415 (62,531 Views)

★★ Apprentice

How do I share my saved game?

Message 6 of 415 (62,527 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm also having the same issue - with all my sims in relationship couples - none of who are in the 'employ' of the other. I've tried re-starting and re-booting but continually happens. 

I use no mods either and have recently updated. I'm assuming the same - definite bug Frown 

Message 7 of 415 (62,512 Views)

Hero

Willing to share your save game ?

If so, please zip up this folder: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\saves and drop the file to this Mediafire-Link to upload.

Please make sure to name the zip file with your user name.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 415 (62,496 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Files were just uploaded.

Message 9 of 415 (62,436 Views)
Highlighted

Hero

Thanks. I'll test this tomorrow

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 415 (62,409 Views)