Re: Sims stop eating and cooked all the time

by crinrict

Original Post

[ARCHIVED] Sims autonomously repeating same interaction (cooking, et al)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Tiny Houses and Eco Living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Tell a Sim to eat a meal and wait
What happens when the bug occurs? My Sims stop eating and do other activities i did not queue and cook meals despite the fridge beeing filled with proper meals
What do you expect to see? That my Sims eat the full meal and stop cooking everytime they are hungry
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Pre Eco-Living Patch

Since the big pre Eco patch my Sims dont eat a full meal leave half filled plates on the diner table and do other stuff i didnt told them to do  . My whole household starts to cook or grill  meals when hungry despite neither having a cooking skill and the fridge beeing filled with leftovers

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 20 (7,594 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Hero

So, I think I've sorted this out now. It's not the perfect solution but there was no perfect solution so I think this was the best way to do it. I apologize for the mess I made with this but after all, I am only human (despite what that cyborg badge says) :D 

I've split this into several threads and I ask you to send me a PM if you're not happy with where your post ended up so we can sort it out further. You can find all your posts by going to your Profile in the upper right corner to see where your post is now. I moved them to the new main threads.

Some of the info I gave before is still correct and I do believe most of this is caused by the broken N.A.P: NAPs from all neighbourhoods are applied to visiting NPC 

To summarize the problem there (now that I think I understand what is going on) is that the game applies moodlets for all N.A.P. active in any neighborhood in any world are applied to all Sims visiting the active neighborhood, pushing them to do stuff. Not 100% what's going on with the active Sims though. Also since some reported issues on Non-Eco games, it can't be the only factor.

This is the main source for any obsession. I made threads for single symptoms now as people usually report by symptoms

The following interactions can be accounted for by the following N.A.P

Also possible

Other thread related to the same N.A.P issue

Spoiler

Haven't seen this in my game. Can you try a game repair ?

It was brought to my attention that there's quiet a few threads in merged that don't have the pack so it's a general issue and at this point, I don't know what's going on. I haven't had any chances to play myself with the craziness in this forum.

Bear with me while I sort this out.

Information below is for everyone that does have the Eco Pack. For others, seems there's another cause.

A FYI to everyone.

Things are crazy right now (as you may have noticed) and I've been lumping a lot of posts into this one. I have not read every post in every thread someone made but only the ones the OPs posted.

I'm not saying that everyone has the same issue but there IS a major issue going on with N.A.P.s

It doesn't matter if they are going on in your own hood or in another. Moodlets stack, making Sims do things. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 20 (7,549 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Its not from Eco Lifestyle update, because my sims have always been obsesed with cooking and eating. I make a birthday cake add candles to it stick it in the fridge, someone comes gets leftovers and steals a piece of the birthday cake I made for a sim.

Edit: Also another thing that annoys me you ask one sim to make a group meal, the rest of the sims in the household que up to make single meals than you get a bunch of can not route interactions and one person gets fed and the rest don't because the one trying to make a group meal for everyone can't access the required stations because all others are making single meals.

Message 3 of 20 (7,535 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I am sorry it happens to you before . I play this household in StrangerVille for a few weeks now and it just began to after the pre-Eco patch on my side. 

Message 4 of 20 (7,509 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@DariusLupus There are certain interactions that seem to interrupt everything.

Can you pin it down to something specific ?

Can you maybe add a video ?

@LizBuilds I'm merging your thread into this as it sounds similar.

For the swiping, please use this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-EL-Sim-swiping-own-household-objects-without-klept...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 20 (7,477 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict I repaired my game it still happens. Most of the time they walk up to another household member to talk to them
Message 6 of 20 (7,450 Views)

Hero
@DariusLupus OK, will add as needs input to see how many other people have this issue

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 20 (7,425 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sims stop eating and cook all the time

★ Guide

Hi all,

I notice this bug will start to appear after you switch from Build Mode to Live Mode. 

To "reduce" the frequency of this bug, save/ exit the game and restart again.

Message 8 of 20 (5,450 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [ECO] Sims autonomously repeating same interaction (cooking, et al)

★★ Apprentice

I don't know if it was the last patch or Eco, but something has wrecked my game. I have already posted on a couple other topics. My pets disappear, my sims boyfriend came in and stole half her stuff (no Sharing is Caring was not active nor had it ever been), the fabricator makes a horrible noise that won't stop unless you log out, and now...my sim has decided all she wants to do is make cake and play on the computer. I have autonomy for selected sim off. That didn't work so I shut off all autonomy, that still didn't work. I will have her doing something like painting and she just walks off to make cake. I have tried logging out, no success. I tried repairing the game, that didn't work. At this point my game in not playable. She can't complete a simple activity without wandering off to make a white cake.

Message 9 of 20 (5,637 Views)

Re: NPCs playing the guitar & violin constantly

Hero
@dragancaor I think most people in this thread have this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Sims-stop-eating-and-cooke-all-the-time/td-p/91781... just for the performing arts NAP.

But getting it before the pack ...Could you just make a new thread for adults using child guitars.

I'd like to merge this thread as most are on NAP.

Best to revisit the non-NAP happenings once the NAP one is resolved, if they are still happening then.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 20 (5,426 Views)