[ARCHIVED] Sims Resetting

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: sims reset when doing dishes

Hero

Hi @macattack4192002

in what instance does that happen ? Do you have any mods ? Any lastexception files to post ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 111 of 119 (3,856 Views)

★★★ Novice

I already posted my file, I thought it happened with just a full 7/8 sims but it happens with 3 or 4 sims as well, as soon as the plates gather to show the plate with coffee cup on it they reset. 

Message 112 of 119 (3,835 Views)

Hero

Thanks for the additional info.

I'll try to re-test

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 113 of 119 (3,832 Views)

EA Live QV Team

@macattack4192002 Can we get a last exception file from after you updated to the latest patch and played see the reset? This will help us narrow down the issue. I know we are asking for the same information again however seeing the issue in the current build can greatly assist out investigation. 

Message 114 of 119 (3,814 Views)

Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] Sims Resetting

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

1. My sim was at the top of the stairs on the second floor. After just taking care of her triplets (1 male, 2 female) she was heading back down into the kitchen to continue cooking. (she had to stop cooking because she went into labor in the middle of it :/ ) she resetted at the top of the stairs in a T-pose while also having the nude glitch after a shower.

2. it was only her that bugged out like this.

3. this occurred on the home lot, pre-built. (too lazy to build my own XD)

i've never seen this bug before and i can't reset the sim through cheats. her actions are still going on but she isn't moving, just stuck at the stairs. her needs are going down and i don't want her to starve to death. (her hunger was in the orange zone already)

i do have cc but it's all up to date, i've checked everything. is there a fix to this?

we also have a toddler in the household if that helps.

i don't have the last exception files because i recently backed up my game.

i also just have base game, with the holiday celebration pack.

Message 115 of 119 (3,805 Views)

★★ Expert

What was your Sim doing when he reset ?

throwing away a pile of rubbish that somehow generated outside the house (but within lot boundaries) after repairing an object. Sim picks up the pile which turns into a rubbish bag, resets, and pile of trash re-appears on the ground. i have tested this several times, each time the object breaks, and it always happens.

Did only your Sim reset or others in the surrounding too ?

just the one Sim.

If so, what were day doing ?

n/a

On which lot did the issue occur ?

Nookstone, placed in Newcrest.

Please attach this file to your post: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\lastexception(.txt)

not present.

Message 116 of 119 (3,741 Views)

Sims Get Stuck on Stairs

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get To Work, Get Together, City Living, Outdoor Retreat, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Parenthood, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Kid's Room Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff, Backyard Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Holiday Celebration Pack, Digital Deluxe Upgrade
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? N/A
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims sometimes freeze with their arms out when going up or down the stairs
What do you expect to see? Sim stuck at top of stairs in a T-Pose
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

The only way to fix it is to go to manage worlds, exit to the main menu, or exit the game which is tedious.

Message 117 of 119 (3,688 Views)

Re: Sims Get Stuck on Stairs

Hero

Hi @nicoxman8

this is a known issue. I've merged your post with existing reports.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 118 of 119 (3,678 Views)

Hero

This thread has run it's course. A lot has been fixed in here.

I made a new one here https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/COLLECTION-THREAD-Sims-resetting/td-p/6381279/jump-to/first-un... and going to lock this one.

Feel free to re-report any issues that are still open.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 119 of 119 (15,031 Views)