[ARCHIVED] Sims Resetting

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[ARCHIVED] Sims Resetting

[ Edited ]
Hero

If you have any Sims resetting, please use this thread. Before posting, it's very important that you remove your mods as resetting is a problem that is very often caused by an incompatible mod. 

Make sure to include the following information

1. What was your Sim doing when he reset ?
  2. Did only your Sim reset or others in the surrounding too ? If so, what were day doing ?
  3. On which lot did the issue occur ?
  4. Please attach this file to your post: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\lastexception(.txt)

Compiled List

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 1 of 119 (16,402 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] Sims Resetting

Hero

This thread has run it's course. A lot has been fixed in here.

I made a new one here https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/COLLECTION-THREAD-Sims-resetting/td-p/6381279/jump-to/first-un... and going to lock this one.

Feel free to re-report any issues that are still open.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 119 of 119 (15,012 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

1. Eating food or doing homework while sitting on a sofa, watching TV and talking with other sims who were also sitting on the sofa, watching the TV.

2. Sim and all other sims involved in the conversation or sitting on the sofa were reset.

3. Various residential lots, pre-built or self-built.

Message 2 of 119 (16,141 Views)

Jump bug returns.again

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

I was at the Windenburg Night Club sitting at the bar ,having many drinks while my sim was talking to at least 4 or 5 other. then suddenly, everyone pop up and seem to reset and idle for 30 sec after. the bartender (Zoe Patel) stay behind the bar while everyone else was scatter around the lot.. not sure if this was posted before or know bug , hopefully this gets fix soon before it get worst 

edit.. I did have the cheat code on for Disable Need Decay. we pulled an all niter at the DJ booth

not sure if that had anything to do with the jump bug

thanks

Cornelia

Message 3 of 119 (16,131 Views)

Re: Jump bug returns.again

Hero

@LadyDarkSorrow Merged

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 119 (16,123 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

1 - eating, drinking, or chatting on couches

2 - doing anything bathroom-related (showering is the most common, followed by using the toilet, then bathing)

3 - kids doing homework

I'll have to post more later. Up until now it's seemed incredibly random. I wasn't even sure if it was a bug at first or my computer.

Attaching a picture of my Sim resetting after eating popcorn on the couch.

Message 5 of 119 (15,978 Views)

Hero

Do they actually reset after taking a shower or just get out all the time ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 119 (15,967 Views)

★ Apprentice

I don't think I ever see them get out when the bug happens. I just see the progress meter fill up whilst they're taking their shower, and then they just reset to right outside the shower as opposed to getting out.

Message 7 of 119 (15,959 Views)

Hero

Do you have a a baby in your family ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 119 (15,953 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hi guys,

In order to investigate this issue, we would like to request the following:

• The Lastexception.txt files from your Sims 4 Folder
  • Recent Save files
  • (If possible) A Youtube video of right before the issue occurs.

Please upload a .rar or .zip archive of the files to a 1-click hosting service (e.g. dropbox) and send me the link (+ the link to a video if you have one) by PM with the title Sims Resetting.

Thanks in advance!

Cc. @crinrict and @EA_Kristi for visibility. 

Message 9 of 119 (15,932 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide
  1. What was your Sim doing when he reset ? He's ordering a drink in bar together with others Sims.
  2. Did only your Sim reset or others in the surrounding too ? All Sims in lot resets when this happen.  Don't have a especific day.
  3. On which lot did the issue occur ? House and nightclub for now.
  4. No babies.

I made a backup in my game so I lost all lastexception files! =[

Message 10 of 119 (15,775 Views)