Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] Sims Resetting

by Catallyst74

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

I have this resetting problem as well.  It happens on a variety of lots and I don't have any cc.

I've found it happens when several sims sit at a table together.  This can either be for a meal or doing homework.  So some might be eating and some might be doing their homework.  If one sim stands up to clear the plates then the sims will reset and the food will appear on the floor.  Homework stays on the table but not completed.

It can also happen if it's purely a family meal but not if it's just homework. 

Message 51 of 119 (1,583 Views)

EA Live QV Team

@MegiAre @fakeplasticadam @Aveliexa Thank you for the lastexception files. 

Message 52 of 119 (1,572 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Since installing City Living, my Sims have been resetting whenever eating a group meal. They go into the "T pose", and the food ends up on the floor. I've seen this occur on every lot, home and otherwise.

I'm on macOS 10.12 (Sierra), all expansions and packs, no mods or cc.

Most recent lastexception file is attached.

Message 53 of 119 (1,562 Views)

★ Apprentice

Got sims resetting during group meals. Here's my lastexception file:

<?xml version="1.0" ?><root>
<report><version>2</version><sessionid>6fdb18ae76e6ec78583dfa35</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2016-11-29 17:01:37</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.24.112.1010-1.300.000.86.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>carry_postures.py:597</categoryid><desyncid>6fdb18ae76e6ec78583dfa35</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>Exception in Sim Timeline: Exception resuming Element (KeyError: SLOT)&#13;&#10;Traceback (most recent call last):&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\scheduling.py", line 217, in simulate&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\elements.py", line 382, in _resume&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\postures\transition.py", line 357, in do_transition_animation&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\carry\carry_postures.py", line 597, in append_exit_to_arb&#13;&#10;KeyError: SLOT&#13;&#10;</desyncdata></report>
</root>

Message 54 of 119 (1,540 Views)

EA Live QV Team

@funcrunch and @Catallyst74 Thank you for the LastException files.

Message 55 of 119 (1,532 Views)

★ Pro

#1  What was your Sim doing when he reset ? - Being seated by host at restaurant, just as she started to sit.

Did only your Sim reset or others in the surrounding too ? If so, what were they doing ? - Friend who invited sim to restaurant and was already seated also reset.

On which lot did the issue occur ? - Maxis restaurant placed in WB.

Please attach this file to your post: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\lastexception(.txt) - Attached as RestaurantResetlastException.

#2  What was your Sim doing when he reset ? - Told to get food from food placed on picnic table.

Did only your Sim reset or others in the surrounding too ? If so, what were they doing ? - Both she and her date reset, with food dropped on ground.

On which lot did the issue occur ? - Magnolia Blossoms Park in WC.

Please attach this file to your post: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\lastexception(.txt) - Attached as PicnicTableResetlastException

Attachment
Download this attachment
Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 56 of 119 (1,505 Views)

★★ Guide

I don't know if yesterday's patch addressed this or it was just luck, but I've now had two successful group meals, without Sims going into the T pose or the food ending up on the floor. These were both on a home lot on San Myshuno.

Message 57 of 119 (1,497 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thought the patch might have fixed it, but it's still happening. Group meals, pretty much everywhere.

Message 58 of 119 (1,477 Views)

★★★ Guide

I mainly have this problem when sims are eating together at the same table, or just sitting on adjacent seats while eating, but it's not every time. Majority of meals go fine, but then now and then it glitches and they drop into t-pose and get scattered around where they were eating, with all the food on the floor.

With homework, esp when kids are doing homework at the dinner table, anyone gathering around the table tend to get stuck, and no one in that area are able to move on with their lives despite the timer ticking. I am forced to manually reset the sim doing homework every time this happens, or everyone around them gets locked in limbo. Sometimes the game resets these sims itself, but most often I have to do it manually.

I don't have city living, and don't have all the stuff packs, so it's not isolated to the latest content. Would also like to add that I can confirm that it makes no difference whether chairs are straight or on an angle, or whether all the chairs are the same kind. As long as they're close to each other, they will about 1/4 or 1/3 of the time fail to eat together.

Message 59 of 119 (1,462 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Since the December 1st patch, the resetting has become a lot more common when eating meals. It now affects my sims even if they're alone or not part of a group conversation and regardless of seating type (Couch, table, bar etc.)

LastException file is from a single play session of about 2 hours with a single sim. (I delete it between play sessions to localise events like these)

Message 60 of 119 (1,422 Views)