Re: [Common] Sims Icons staying grey after coming back from work

by marthea63

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@KraftySimmer wrote:

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet. Still reading through but I've noticed something about this issue. (I have Sims 4 Deluxe Edition - no mods or CC)

Whenever I get the notification that my Sim or child has an hour before work/school, two notifications pop up and while they are at work/school they get a call from their boss or principal saying that they are missing (though this doesn't effect their status bar as my Sims can get promoted still and my child has an A grade). I think this double notification is causing the issue because I had another Sim get a job and he only got one notification and came home just fine without the grey box being there. Sometime later though he got two notifications and I have to make him leave early now.

Leaving early works temporarily and leaving the lot before coming back home sometimes works and other times does not but the next day there is still the same issue.

I have a strong feeling though that it is somehow tied to getting the two notifications. Anyone else notice this?

I have observed the same thing and also thought it was related.  I also noticed that when he leaves work I get two notices... one says the normal "Sim earned 464 at work but performed poorly" and the other which follows the first immediately says "Sim earned 0 at work but performed terribly".  The sim then takes the big performance hit that others have posted about in other threads.  I think what is happening is the game is seeing the sim as being employed twice for some reason. That's why the boss calls even when the sim is at work and that's why there is two notifications.  This results in the sim getting stuck at work due to the game not being able to determine "which" job he's at... if that makes sense.

Example 1

Example 2

Message 91 of 157 (895 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hey.

So I read almost everything about this bugs and I tried every solution which was ever mentioned here. Obviously there is still no fix?

I guess I will quit playing since they will be a new update. This is ridiculous.

I got 2 Sims in my Family, one of them won't get promoted and is permanently stucked in the work mode. I already quit the job, got a new one etc.

After the work bug, the bill bug came. The other one got a bill in the inventory which I can't delete or pay for.

This is no fun at all. I can't pay any bills. They still didn't cut my power off, but it's still annoying because I thought this expensive bills are kinda realistic.

Now I am just collecting money and this is weird...

PLS FIX!!!!

(sry for bad english Wink)

Message 92 of 157 (862 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I have the same bug with a little extra problem. My sims get the message that they have to go to work 4 times. But they can only go one time and at the end of each day their work performance gets red even if you did the daily task. And fixing the problem with leave work early doesn't help at all.
Message 93 of 157 (853 Views)

★★ Novice

same here.

Message 94 of 157 (841 Views)

★★★ Newbie

at first sorry for my bad english.. i have another solution .. i resolve this problem..  click on grey sim and click build skill - comedy, than another sim from my household call that grey sim to hangout on current place.. my grey sim came home after that :D good luck 

Message 95 of 157 (826 Views)

Hero

@andrea51239 And the error did not reoccur the next day ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 96 of 157 (820 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

everything is ok for now :D  

Message 97 of 157 (815 Views)

★★ Novice

Good idea!!!! Sadly it's not working for me Frown

It works, but if my Sim goes to work the next day, the icon stays grey again.

I can see every option on the right bottom, except the inventory. So it's like a 1/2 grey icon :D I can still choose her and I can see her needs. It's just bugged when I choose the fridge. I can't open it to get her some meal, she has to do this by herself. But the reason for that is, that I cant click the inventory. I am fine with this part, but she just won't get better in her job Frown She has the right emotion, she did every task for the day, and the bar is always green. But if she leaves work, the arrow goes immediately back to the middle of the bar. So frustrating.

My other Sim in the same household gets promoted and everything works for him, except the stucked bill in this inventory :D

FIIIIX!

Message 98 of 157 (805 Views)

Re: Bugs after updates and Holiday pack download

★ Novice

I moved another sim in and they were able to pay the bills...but the original sim never has the option..any fixes on that?

Message 99 of 157 (783 Views)

Re: Bugs after updates and Holiday pack download

[ Edited ]
Hero

Do you only have the pay bill issue or the Sims staying grey after work ?

THe pay bill has it's own thread here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Common-Bills-can-t-be-paid/m-p/3446239

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 100 of 157 (780 Views)