[ARCHIVED] Sim no longer resumes writing books

by Scribbit

Original Post

Re: [TO ADD] Sim no longer resumes writing books

★★ Novice

I just started having this problem with two of my sims in the same household.

Message 21 of 127 (3,298 Views)

Hero
Have you tried moving out and back and as well as buying a new computer for your Sims ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 127 (3,286 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have this same problem and yes, I have tried deleting the computer, desk and everything on it and it still doesn't work. I have not tried moving my sim out.

Message 23 of 127 (3,258 Views)

Re: Sim no longer resumes writing books

Hero

Hi @shahmela

Would you be willing to share your save with me ?

If so, please zip your saves folder and upload it somewhere like dropbox,, googledrive or OneDrive and PM me the link.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 127 (3,232 Views)

Re: Sim no longer resumes writing books

★★ Guide
I just ran into this as well.
Sort of...

I had gone to a club meeting of the Avant Gardes and went to Resume Writing a book.
And it worked, my Sim would continue writing the book... right up until it was time for that "finalization" thing, where the Sim wraps things up, right before the game says "XYZ just finished writing an entire book!" or something like that.
Instead of that happening, the Sim just stopped writing, and any attempt after that to resume that book was just met with them sitting down at the computer and instantly turning it on and off, without actually finishing the book off.

I went back to their home and tried to resume as well and it didn't work either.
My only recourse was to scrap that book, since I couldn't do anything else with it. What a shame!

I guess one workaround would be to just start a book in good shape so you can finish it off in one fell swoop.
Message 25 of 127 (3,224 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sim no longer resumes writing books

★★ Novice

I have the same issue. No custom content in my game at all, and no mods. I moved the family to a new house and bought a new computer, and the problem persists. It also happens with computers at other venues like the library for instance.

Message 26 of 127 (3,193 Views)

[TROUBLESHOOT] Sims Won't Finish Emotion Books

[ Edited ]

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48.94.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All EPs and GPs, Toddler Stuff, Luxury Party, Vintage Glamour, Perfect Patio, Spooky, Cool Kitchen
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim write an emotion book.
What happens when the bug occurs? The writing ends prematurely, never completes and cannot be finished. Can click on the book to continue writing, sim will go to the computer, sit down and it disappears. Removing mods does nothing, neither does replacing the computer or resetting the sim.
What do you expect to see? The book to finish, be publishable and not available to continue writing.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Get Famous patch - Nov 2018

I have tried literally everything to get my sims to be able to finish these books - I'm a completist so having unfinished books around is annoying! Sim can write a new book just fine, but cannot complete an interrupted emotion book - at least it only seems to affect them. They don't always bug out, but my sim doesn't even get the chance to finish, the action just stops. It doesn't happen with every emotion book, which makes it frustrating to test for, plus it seems to only affect the emotion books. I really hope I'm not the only one with this issue, and if there is an existing thread on this I couldn't find it.

Message 27 of 127 (3,155 Views)

Re: [TROUBLESHOOT] Sims Won't Finish Emotion Books

Hero

Hi @wildirishbanshee 

I tested this on my own save and have no issues with them at all.

Does it matter which emotion you use or is it just random for you ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 28 of 127 (3,129 Views)

Re: [TROUBLESHOOT] Sims Won't Finish Emotion Books

No, it doesn't seem to matter at all. It just stops for some reason right before finishing the book and then I can't do anything with it. I've had a few stuck books before, but emotion books tend to happen more than any other genre of book. Right now I have stuck Confidence and Energized books, and maybe more throughout my saves.
Message 29 of 127 (3,109 Views)

Re: Sims Won't Finish Emotion Books

Hero

Hi @wildirishbanshee 

I'm merging your post with existing thread then (since you're saying it can happen to all books)

Would you be willing to share your save with me ?

If so, please zip your saves folder and upload it somewhere like dropbox, mediafire, googledrive or OneDrive and PM me the link.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 30 of 127 (3,099 Views)