[ARCHIVED] Sim no longer resumes writing books

by Scribbit

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Sim no longer resumes writing books

Hero
@CodenameRoach Thanks for posting that but unfortunately as others have found, it seems they just break again as soon as you travel.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 111 of 127 (1,561 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] Sim no longer resumes writing books

★★★★★ Newbie

I've had this issue too and I have no expansion packs. 

Once it's stuck, my Sim cannot use the 'Write' action on the computer and I must sell it and get a new one which resets the issue for a little while, but then comes back again.

Message 112 of 127 (1,365 Views)

★★ Apprentice

What amazes me is that my original post was in June 2018.  Today (Dec 2, 2019) people are still reporting this bug.  It looks like it will never be fixed.

Message 113 of 127 (1,357 Views)

★ Novice

Found this thread, wrting itself seems to be broken. I'll try the selling/rebuying trick i saw mentioned, however as of now it's not a matter of resuming so much as I can't write at all. I click the command, it never shows as a queue and just never happens.

Message 114 of 127 (1,331 Views)

Hero
This thread is for RESUME writing. It's an older bug but has evolved over time as it seems.

If you have issues with writing at all, please use this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Writing-on-computer-not-working-properly/m-p/84162...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 115 of 127 (1,312 Views)

★ Novice

Just started getting this bug myself; my Sim is Skill Level 10 in Writing and has been since September.  I've had no problems resuming writing for books before now, but today I decided to switch their career from Author to Freelance Author.  The first thing I noticed when I tried to resume writing was that the icon in the queue changed.  Usually, it displays the icon of the computer I'm using.  Now, it displays a new icon that kind of looks like a completely black book, or maybe a black Flash Drive?

Like everyone else has reported, I'm unable to resume writing, or even scrap my previous books.  I can start new books, but if I stop in the middle of writing those, they also become stuck.  The bug persists when I try to change careers, as well.

Message 116 of 127 (1,291 Views)

★ Novice

Managed to isolate the problem, and find a sort of solution. Wanted to share here in case it helps

When you first move into a property, then every time excluding work you leave the property after, it triggers the glitch. In case it works the same for all of you, the workaround that solves it for me is to enter buy mode and put the PC in storage then take it out again.

Message 117 of 127 (1,213 Views)

★ Novice

I was unable to write at all with a new sim, newly purchased computer and new lot. Putting the computer in the inventory and then taking it out again did work for me as well. I imagine it'll break again at some point but good to know that works as my sim is a writer. 

Message 118 of 127 (1,208 Views)

★★★ Novice
@crinrict I am experiencing both of these bugs, once the Computer Glitch, the only thing which works is to put the computer in your house inventory and to place it again in the world, but this is extremely annoying since it happens everytime when you leave your household with whichever Sims, doesn't need to be the one who is the writer... any Sims from this household can trigger the bug, even Sims who are coming just to visit.

So you can understand why it is so annoying to have to put the PC in and out of your house inventory everytime someone leaves...
Message 119 of 127 (1,193 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

This same exact thing is happening to me as well. I have two sims needing to write a book for work (one's a writer, the other a critic) and the 'write a story' option never queues for either of them. One chose to work from home and now because of this bug she can't continue to the next day's work until she does. (If anyone knows a way around this that does not require dropping the career altogether that would be great Standard smile  

Message 120 of 127 (1,189 Views)