[ARCHIVED] Sim no longer resumes writing books

by Scribbit

Original Post

Re: [TO ADD] Sim no longer resumes writing books

★★ Novice

No. I only have Sims 4 and the pets expansion. Not sure why it happened.

Message 101 of 127 (1,389 Views)

★★★ Guide
@crinrict True. But the familiars aren't helping the situation any either. 😂😜
Message 102 of 127 (1,374 Views)

★★ Novice

Tried turning off autonomy, but no change.

Scrapping or continuing to write a book can be queued, but the action disappears from the queue as soon as it's time to start. Starting a new book never even queues.

Message 103 of 127 (1,367 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same issue. I have Sims 4 Deluxe (fully updated). One thing I did notice is this only happens on the home lot. When I send my sim to the libary to write it will work. 

Message 104 of 127 (1,310 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I too have this problem.

I think the problem started when the sim hit level 10 in writing. My sim can't write/resume or discard any books. I only have the Sims 4 (no expansions or mods). 

Turning the autonomy off didn't work.

Writing at the Library didn't work. 

Message 105 of 127 (1,293 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Sounds like the most recent patch messed things up for writing. Hopefully the bug will get fixed soon. My sim is supposed to write an archaeology book, but she went into labor while working on it. While her baby was sleeping she attempted to work on it but alas, she couldn't,

Message 106 of 127 (1,221 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yes I'm still having issues with writing books after the 2019 patch

Message 107 of 127 (1,144 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sim no longer resumes writing books

★ Novice

I am also having this problem, I struggle to start a book - it goes into the queue and as soon as she tries to action it, it disappears. Every now and then by some miracle I can but then I can never resume the book, same problem. My sim was a freelance writer but she can’t be anymore Frown 

I have two computers in the house, a desktop and the freelancer laptop but neither work. There was a little while when she moved that if she couldn’t do it one computer, chances are she could with the other. Then it stopped working again. Moved a second and third time but still no luck this time T.T

Base game with seasons, city living, and laundry. Up to date as of 21st Nov 2019, and no mods. 

Message 108 of 127 (1,023 Views)

★ Apprentice
@MiladyRevenwyn Same here. My sim sits down and you get to name the book but after that he cant write anymore.
Message 109 of 127 (914 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sim no longer resumes writing books

★★★ Newbie

I've found out how to fix this :D 

Just simply buy another Computer (In my case, i was awarded a computer) -> move your current one to your Inventory -> Use the new one
Now the Character can write new books or even resume the uncompleted ones :D

Note: the problem will come back but dont worry, just fix it this way and it will be ok again :D 

Message 110 of 127 (849 Views)