Re: [TO ADD] Sim no longer resumes writing books

by limarate

Original Post

Hero
@limarate Did you try selling the computer and getting a new one ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 91 of 127 (927 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Having the same problem.  I did the sell the computer and bought a new one and was able to finish my current book.  Started a new one and the problem started again.  I don't want to have to buy a new computer every time I write a book now do I?

Message 92 of 127 (910 Views)

Hero
@Gavadel Just with the resume writing or generally with writing ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 93 of 127 (906 Views)

★★★ Guide

Just a tip: If you have ROM and you are playing as a spellcaster with a familiar that is active DISMISS them. THEN try to resume writing.

The little stinkers not only protect you from death but also from resuming that next bestseller that will make you famous too! 😂

Now if ROM doesnt apply to you then feel free to ignore this messege. 😛

Message 94 of 127 (889 Views)

Hero
@aidans1985 The issue was there before ROM though so it can't be the only cause.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 95 of 127 (883 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I am having issues with writing genre books on computer after the patch. I can buy a new computer, but that breaks eventually as well. I do not have the Magic pack, so none of my sims are spellcasters.

Message 96 of 127 (850 Views)

★★ Novice

One more for the pile. Sim was sitting down to resume writing a Book of Life when I saved and quit. Then the patch rolled out. Upon loading, the Sim is just in the process of sitting, but selecting any book writing options (resume, scrap, or writing a new book) disappear. I can send a save file if it'll help, but I'd be surprised if you don't have plenty already.

Message 97 of 127 (829 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi Crin. Yes, I tried selling and buying a new one. I got several new ones. She won't use any of them for writing or resuming books. I have however managed to get her to write a fashion blog.

Message 98 of 127 (803 Views)

★★ Novice

Update: I turned off autonomy and she has now resumed her book. Not sure why I had to turn autonomy off, but it seems to have worked so far.

Message 99 of 127 (795 Views)

Hero
@limarate Is your Sim a spellcaster ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 100 of 127 (787 Views)