Re: [OPEN] Shadow Movement Bug

by crinrict

Original Post

★★ Novice

is there any update on this? its quite infuriating when i tried to enjoy the very best of this game's graphic.. T_T!

Message 31 of 54 (2,420 Views)

★ Apprentice

Having this same issue. Also using an Nvidia graphic card.

Message 32 of 54 (2,354 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

UPDATE: I changed my graphic card to AMD R7 370 2gb and I'm still having this issue.

Message 33 of 54 (2,338 Views)

Hero

Thanks for your feedback guys

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 34 of 54 (2,330 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Just wanted to report that I just reinstalled the game and the shadows still jump. About every 6 seconds. Shadows did not behave this way until the December 2015 patch.

Hopefully this can be addressed, as a person where blinking/flashing is really bothersome, I can't really play this game at the moment. 

Message 35 of 54 (2,256 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Any fix? 32+medium lighting seems to fix the problem still I wanna play on very high

Message 36 of 54 (2,215 Views)
Highlighted

Hero

Still an open issue and haven't heard of any work around

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 37 of 54 (2,206 Views)

★★ Guide

The only "work around" is to set lighting to Medium or lower. The shadows move perfectly smoothly on the lower settings but it also means you have to put up with things such as a shorter draw distance on shadows.

Message 38 of 54 (2,195 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I'm sad to say that the shadows are still broken as of the March 23d 2017 patch. Hope they resolve this one soon as I have a very hard time concentrating when there are things jumping around in the corner of my eye. I refuse to set my settings to medium as that would just be an insult to my computer and in my opinion, no one who has a computer good enough to run the game on max graphics should be forced to set their settings to medium only to workaround a bug that the developers have had over a year to fix now.

Happy Simmin! Standard smile

Message 39 of 54 (2,170 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

This problem has always driven me insane. The worst part is that I didn't remember it being good before, and watching a let's play from september 2014 I noticed how smooth the shadows looked. I'm definitely more annoyed and can't unsee now that I know it's a bug. It's been years!

Message 40 of 54 (2,143 Views)