Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Shadow Movement Bug

Hero

I can check tomorrow.

Thanks for posting this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 54 (2,294 Views)

Hero (Retired)

They are still jumping in my game.

Message 22 of 54 (2,283 Views)

★ Guide

Still jumping in my game too. Disappointed

Message 23 of 54 (2,266 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Shadows jumping for me as well.

Message 24 of 54 (2,251 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Guess we can go with a not fixed on this one.

Thanks all for reporting.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 25 of 54 (2,247 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Even with the massive patch today that included the improved lighting, shadows are still jumping for me. 

Message 26 of 54 (2,218 Views)

Hero
Thanks for checking

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 27 of 54 (2,212 Views)

★ Guide

I can confirm this too, at medium setting the shadows are perfectly normal, at high and very high they're jumping.

Message 28 of 54 (2,197 Views)

★★ Guide

To my knowlegde I have always suffered from this issue in my game from the day it was released. I have a Nvidia graphics card and have always had the lighting settings set to the highest. After it was mentioned that the jumping goes away on Medium settings I gave it a try and what do you know? The shadows move smoothly across the screen. I don't understand why the shadows would move differently on different quality settings but there we have it. In my particular instance at any rate. It just means I have to miss out on the new indoor lighting through windows.

Message 29 of 54 (2,179 Views)

★★ Guide

I've just been messing with the settings in the GraphicsRules.sgr file and have discovered that the setting that appears to affect the smooth movement of shadows is called "NumberCascadeLevels".

With this set to "1" the shadows move smoothly but will fade out at certain angles and distances. With the value set to "3" the shadows do not fade but become jerky in their movement.

Setting it to "2" creates some bizarre effects where the shadows stretch across the landscape and setting it to "4" will crash the game when you try to load a Lot. Setting it to "0" seems to have the same effect as setting it to "1".

Just thought I'd share this information for if anyone finds it useful.

Message 30 of 54 (2,123 Views)