Re: Friends inform sim of promotion before actual promotion

Hero

Hi @Azrethr

merged your post with collection thread

Should already be listed.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 111 of 120 (1,045 Views)

Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] [GT] Weird Text Messages

★★★ Newbie

My sim (Kai, young adult) called his younger sister (Airi,toddler) on the phone and I accepted thinking "uh toddlers don't have phones" so I answered out of curiosity and Airi sat on her bed and answered. When Airi answered her arms glitched and became super long and weird and glitched and Airi was floating on her bed?

Message 112 of 120 (1,013 Views)

Sims 4, Toddler Update Glitch

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Parenthood,And all the free ones
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm not sure... it just happened
What happens when the bug occurs? My toddler's older brother called her and asked to chat. I said yes just out of curiosity and my toddler sat on her bed FLOATING and answered the phone! Toddlers don't even have Phones! Her arms became super long and glitched. She didn't even have good communication skill
What do you expect to see? Toddlers answer the phone and arms get glitched and if sitting on something start floating.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Will add pictures later

Message 113 of 120 (1,015 Views)

Friends Inviting Sims Out at Inappropriate Times/Mistakenly Think Sims Promoted

★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all current packs and expansions, except for the upcoming Toddlers pack.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Simply have your Sim become well-acquainted with other Sims. Eventually, this will start happening.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims call at inappropriate times to invite my Sims to various events. They frequently call them anywhere between 12 and 7 AM. Often, the Sim calling will say that they "heard you got a promotion," even if the Sim in question has not been promoted recently. Even Sims that are unemployed get calls like this!
What do you expect to see? I'd expect Sims to be more considerate and take the time into account when calling my Sims. I also expect them to properly recognize if my Sims were recently given a promotion.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This is getting to be pretty annoying. My Sims' friends frequently call and try to invite them out at very inappropriate times. This very often occurs anywhere between 12 and 7 AM. Not only that, but they consistently want to invite my Sims out to celebrate a promotion, even if the Sim in question has not been promoted recently. Even Sims of mine that are unemployed get calls like this!

I have mods and CC, but this issue persists even after disabling them. It's hard to pinpoint when exactly this started happening.

Message 114 of 120 (1,004 Views)

Re: Friends Inviting Sims Out at Inappropriate Times/Mistakenly Think Sims Promo

Hero

Hi @Lorraine-Simmer

merged your post with collection thread.

Bug should be listed on the first page.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 115 of 120 (977 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have this same problem with several lots.  I've noticed that the same residences my sims get invited to are also listed as restaurants when I go through the list of specific club hangouts (Get together pack).  This despite the fact that they show up as residences in "build" mode and have sims living in them.  Related issues?  I've tried bulldozing the lots and re-downloading the residences, but they continue to register as a restaurants by random texting sims and the club venue selection box. (Has also led to some problems when choosing venues for parties; I've worked around that by picking different venues).  

Windows 10; no mods or custom content.  

Message 116 of 120 (933 Views)

Hero

Hi @Miramink

thank you for your report.

Guess that's covered by this: 

• Sims get invites to residential lots that used to be venues

Is that what you're seeing ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 117 of 120 (926 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yes, but I was also trying to add that I also saw those same residences listed as venues if I was trying to form a club and choose a club hangout.  I wondered if the two problems were really the same problem.

I finally went through and 1.  evicted all the families living at those residences/venues; 2. in build mode, bulldozed the lots and changed them all to "generic" rather than residence.  3.  saved my game.  4.  reloaded the residences from my gallery.  It seemed to have fixed the second part of my problem - those residences are no longer seen as venues in the "club hangout" menu.  I will have to wait to confirm whether that has also fixed the weird text problem as well.

I had to do it to a total of 9 residences; On the club hangout menu, 4 showed up as restaurants; 2 as museums; 1 a library; 1 a cafe; and 1 a spa.  (all lot types that had previously been located on those lots).  Previously I had tried just bulldozing the lots and reloading the residence, but that did not affect the lot type on the club hangout menu.  It was only after I changed the lot type to generic immediately after bulldozing them that the reloaded residences began showing up correctly as residences. I had also previously tried repairing my game on origin, but that did not fix the "wrong lot type on the club hangout menu" problem either.  

Message 118 of 120 (916 Views)

Hero

Ok.

Thanks for your testing. I do think they are related. The game treats them as venues still although they are not.

Let me know if the text problem is also solved which would be kind of proof that they are related.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 119 of 120 (912 Views)

Hero

This thread has run it's course. A lot has been fixed in here.

I made a new one here:https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/COLLECTION-THREAD-Weird-phone-and-text-messages/td-p/6382671/j... and going to lock this one.

Feel free to re-report any issues that are still open.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 120 of 120 (3,507 Views)