Re: [OPEN] Several Issues with Caterer

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Caterer bug?

★ Guide

I too have this bug and it is bugging the Poop outta me, they come and do nothing. I had to kill off the first one b/c I just thought he was lazy and the second one I hired does nothing. If I choose which Sim comes to cater they don't turn up. 

no mods all game packs :P 

Message 21 of 29 (1,931 Views)

Re: Caterer bug?

Hero

Do they never do anything ? Are you willing to share your save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 29 (1,923 Views)

Caterer Issue

★★★ Newbie

I have the Sims 4 on my Macbook Pro & I keep running into a glitch where when I hire a caterer, they will make maybe one dish and that's it.  They will then wash dirty dishes and take out several cooking ingredients, but never cook.  So for example, they'll take out ingredients for Blackened Bass, but then just set it on the floor.  They'll return to the fridge and take out ingredients for a BLT, stop and set it on the ground.  I usually end up with several wasted ingredients, as the sims in my household aren't skilled enough to cook the meals themselves. 

Message 23 of 29 (1,930 Views)

★ Guide

I've hired a friend Sim as a caterer for a group gathering but she didn't even show up. 

Message 24 of 29 (1,898 Views)

I hire caterer to the party but he doesn't anything

★★★ Newbie

I throw party not at home. And i hire a caterer to cooking but he doesn't make food.  He lets walk around and talking to guest.

Help me please.~

Message 25 of 29 (1,823 Views)

Re: I hire caterer to the party but he doesn't anything

★★★★ Guide

"I throw party not at home. And i hire a caterer to cooking but he doesn't make food.  He lets walk around and talking to guest.

Help me please.~"

Yeah, I'm getting this too. The caterer won't even start a meal now, just acts like any other guest at the party.

Message 26 of 29 (1,794 Views)

★★★ Novice

This is ridiculous tbh.. I used to be able to hire a caterer but ever since i started playing the game again (beginning of January) the option is gone completely! And like many of you when i AM able to hire a caterer at a party, they do nothing. It shouldn't matter if i have a dish in the fridge or not. They should still be able to cook no matter what. The bartender, musicians, maid, and entertainer have worked just fine but why is it this one thing seems to be so glitchy?

Perhaps i'm doing something wrong but i've emptied all the food in my fridge, upgraded my stove to the Schmapple, and have exhausted the "hire a service" option repeatedly to check if i'm going crazy. The option won't even come up when pressing the fridge/stove. Checked the computer, can't hire anyone on their either.

I can hire a gardener but not a cook, by the way.

So my last ditch effort was giving my sim 1m to see if that changed anything -- which wouldn't make sense because it's not like a sim needs to be rich to hire one -- nothing changed. I've been reading up on this but i haven't found a solution and it looks like people are still having a problem with this. Kind of inconvenient when your young adult has two kids he needs to feed and has a 10-8 job.

Real world problems, i know. If anyone can help that would be great.

'

Message 27 of 29 (1,724 Views)

★ Apprentice

I'm still having caterer issues as well and know other simmers with same bug. No mods or CC. Caterer keeps starting to cook but then leaves the board or half prepared meal on a counter and won't cook to completion. Then goes back to fridge and keeps repeating half the process without actually producing food. Also Sims are once again standing in front of the fridge to eat, blocking it, which is probably another thread somewhere!

Message 28 of 29 (1,700 Views)

Hero

Not sure what's still active with this and it doesn't have the bug template

Please make individual threads for all issues still occurring.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 29 of 29 (13,565 Views)