[ARCHIVED] ServiceNPC won't leave

by idahpews

Original Post

Re: Repairman won't leave

Hero

@Reena912

Willing to share your save game ?

If so, please zip up this folder: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\saves, upload to mediafire or dropbox and PM me the link.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 41 of 158 (2,885 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So, I am having the same issue with the repairman. I invited "Cedric" the repair man the the powerhouse club and then started a new event. He showed up at the event in street clothes. I got all excited that i figured it out. When back to the lot AND THERE WAS A DIFFERENT REPAIRMAN and Cedric came back.

Now there are 2 repairman stuck at my current lot. Frown

Message 42 of 158 (2,865 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I FINALLY GOT THEM TO LEAVE!

I exited the game without saving. That got rid of repairman #2 and then I asked repairman #1 to leave. And he just walked down the street!

So happy right now  Standard smile

15 minutes later.... NOPE he came back. He walked all the way down the street, disappeared and then reappeared in front of the mail box.

5:59P - I deleted Cedric Hickey from the game entirely. He disappeared but a new repairwoman is outside the door. I just can't win. Frown

Message 43 of 158 (2,862 Views)

Hero

Your save would also be helpful.

Haven't really gotten around to test the first one but I hope today :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 44 of 158 (2,856 Views)

Hero

@Reena912

I've tried your save game and I think I found the cause.

Your front door is not really your front door. The back door is set to front door and both doors seem to be locked for the repair man.

I've tried the following and it worked (I of course not played extensively to see if he comes back though)

1. Set Front door to front door (probably not necessary if you want the back door to be your front door.
  2. Unlock both doors (allowing front door to employees would probably work too)
  3. He was then still doing he's going from front to back door routine and no ask to leave interaction
  4. So I went traveling with one of your Sims and asked him to tag along (not sure if the tagging along part is necessary)
  5. Message said that he was busy so the Sim arrived on that lot on his own
  6. Went back to the house to find the repairman inside the house, playing games
  7. I finally had the asked to leave interaction so I did that. Had to do it twice and he didn't really react to it but I then got a message saying: I think it's time for me to leave. He then left on his own.
  8. No repairmen the next day.
  9. Toilet was broken so I hired another one.
  10. A different Sim came, went straight to the front door, knocked and came in. He went to the bathroom and fixed the toilet
  11. After doing so, he left on his own.

So I think the problem in your game was that the repairmen couldn't enter since the door was locked to him. This left him frustrated and he never left.

I did some other things too but I don't think they are necessary to fix so I omitted them.

Let me know if this works for you.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 45 of 158 (2,852 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice
@crinrict
Thank you for trying my game. The doors weren't locked when the repairman was there the first 2 days. I locked them, because he kept on eating my food, using my computer, ... So I don't think that is the cause. Also, if other sims visit, they always knock on the front door, not the back door...
I will try the things you said and let you know if it worked Standard smile
Message 46 of 158 (2,847 Views)

Hero

Strange as it definitely told me that the back door was the front door.

I did also move the family out and back in. Not sure if that's a necessary step.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 47 of 158 (2,840 Views)

2 Gardeners won't leave

[ Edited ]
★ Novice
I am having the problem with the gardening service. It worked great then one day the gardener stopped showing up, so my sim cancelled the service, then rehired the service then all of a sudden, in the middle of the sims night sleep, two gardeners showed up, both walking up and down from mail box to door. I can't cancel the gardening service or hire one. I double checked my doors, the are all unlocked. I tried taking a trip with both of them, they were gone 15 minutes than just reappeared. I want to cry.

Note: I have tried moving the family out and back in, tried asking them to leave, tried taking them to the museum and ditching them, tried removing the mailbox. I tried locking the gates and doors, I tried unlocking them again. I cancelled the service for good. They are still here, and after a birthday party where they skinny dipped are now naked!
Message 48 of 158 (2,775 Views)

Re: 2 Gardeners won't leave

@MaurissaHunter merged your topic with the already existing one. 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 49 of 158 (2,767 Views)

Re: 2 Gardeners won't leave

Hero

Can you ask them to leave ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 50 of 158 (2,747 Views)