[ARCHIVED] Service NPC do not leave

by loyabe

Original Post

Re: Pizza delivery is free

[ Edited ]
Hero

Try deleting all of them and make sure to turn off the gardening service.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 40 (1,665 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I canceled the gardening service a long time ago, and every time I delete one, another one replaces them.
Message 22 of 40 (1,648 Views)

Hero
Would you be willing to share your save with me ?

If so, please zip your saves folder and upload it somewhere like dropbox, mediafire, googledrive or OneDrive and PM me the link.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 40 (1,636 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Hey, sorry for the late reply! I’ll see if I can remember how to send the file. Thanks for your help.
Message 24 of 40 (1,569 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Service NPC do not leave

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

The same thing is happening to me with the gardeners. The maid works ok.  I haven't tried the other NPCs yet. I thought it was caused by CC/mods so I removed them and the same happened. It is really annoying. I keep eliminating them (the NPCs) using MCCC and everytime I do that a new gardener shows up. Like the OP, I've had up to 3 at the same time. One of them will go inside to do his-/her work but will refuse to leave even when I fire them. The other 2 gardeners will either refuse to leave and stay at the front door waving to the mailbox or leave and come again short after.

Message 25 of 40 (1,511 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Service NPC do not leave

Hero
The best way to get rid of them for good is to add them to your household first, then delete through CAS.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 26 of 40 (1,491 Views)

The Gardener won't go away after his job is finished

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? 中文(繁體)
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? The Sims 4 Cats & Dogs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? hire a gardener?
What happens when the bug occurs? The gardener wouldn't go away and he kept waving to the mailbox!
What do you expect to see? The gardener should disappeared after his job is finished.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

One day I noticed that my gardener won't leave after his job is finished. I fired him but he's still there. I invited him to go elsewhere with me then I come back, but he showed up at my house again. The only way I can keep him out of my sight is to lock him in the basement. He's old and he died, but the second day a new gardener showed up he also waved to the mailbox...I already removed my garden and I did not hire any service. Does anyone has any solutions to this? It's really annoying.

Message 27 of 40 (1,443 Views)

Re: The Gardener won't go away after his job is finished

Hero

Hi @0da123

merged your post with existing bug report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 28 of 40 (1,425 Views)

Hero

Marking this as solution for visibility. It's still an open Bug

To get rid of the extra ServiceNPCs, please do the following steps

1. Open the cheat console with ctl-shift-c
  2. Type: testingcheats true
  3. shift-right-Click on all the serviceNPCs you want to get rid of and add them to your household
  4. Make sure you cancel all the regular npcs you have hired
  5. Got to Manage Household and load your family in CAS
  6. Delete all the extra serviceNPCs from your household
  7. Load the game and play for a while. No new one should show up
  8. Open the cheat console with ctl-shift-c
  9. Type: testingcheats false

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 29 of 40 (4,569 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

This is a HUGE long shot, but I had a thought early this morning...

Do the affected households have toddlers living in them?

Message 30 of 40 (1,398 Views)