[ARCHIVED] Service NPC do not leave

by loyabe

Original Post

Re: The Gardener won't go away after his job is finished

★★★★ Novice

I had the issue to the point that I had 7 gardeners on my Sims' property, but no toddlers in the household.  The issue was completely resolved with the solution listed above.

Message 31 of 40 (1,295 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@Bonasitawrote:

I had the issue to the point that I had 7 gardeners on my Sims' property, but no toddlers in the household.  The issue was completely resolved with the solution listed above.

Okay. I just thought it was worth asking because of the issue of parents of toddlers coming over I've read about before, and I wondered if that issue extends to other Sims, too. Standard smile

Message 32 of 40 (1,280 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi!!

I've got 4 gardeners now -- with all the same issues.  No mods, no toddlers, no anything special other than expansion and stuff packs.  I've tried the fix you've suggested and it hasn't worked.  I've done it three times.   I was going to try to kill them off, except I see in the thread that it didn't work for another player.  

Any other fix options?

Message 33 of 40 (1,261 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I found a new layer to this problem -- or another glitch.  My collections for the affected household have also glitched.  I had 2 finished collections, and several nearly finished and have lost more than 3/4 of every collection for this household.  

Also, I realized that the first time I ever saw this problem started yesterday after I added the My First Pet pack.  

Message 34 of 40 (1,256 Views)

Hero
Did you move in any SIms or move out ? Or merge households ? Or did this happen after you added the NPCs to your household ?

The solution works if you follow the exact steps. The person that said it didn't work for them, just killed them off without adding to the household.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 35 of 40 (1,246 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I think I followed the steps exactly.  I don't use cheats often, so it's possible I did something wrong.  Here's what happened in case you can spot what I did wrong.  

The household had one member.  After I added the latest game pack (First Pets), I suddenly started having extra gardeners every time I left the house with the household member.  At one point, I had 4 gardeners.  But I but didn't save when I exited that time so I was back down to three. 

I turned testing cheats to true and then added the 3 NPC into the household.  After that, I went to manage households, moved the NPCs out and saved the game.  When I went back to my household, all 3 gardeners were back.  The first time, I moved them back to their original households (unplayed).  When that didn't work, I tried moving them out to create a new household.  The third time, I rebooted the game before going back to my household.  

That's when I noticed that my collections were also affected.  I'd completed the plant and artifacts collections and was close to several others.  Now, I'm missing 3/4's of my process on every collection and all of the progress on the collections related to Jungle Adventure.  

I have not tried adding them to the household and then killing them off.  

Can you spot my mistake?  Or have I found a new version of the glitch?

Thanks!!

Message 36 of 40 (1,235 Views)

Hero

By moving them out you probably triggered another issue that's currently going on. You should have just delete them from within CAS (there's a delete button there). So not move out but downright delete them.

Do you still have a backup you could recover and try again ?

RecoverSave.jpg

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 37 of 40 (1,230 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Unfortunately, I rarely backup the game. My last saved game backup is from January of 2017.  But I just started up again, and it looks like I'm down to one gardener again... and he's actually working.  Fingers crossed!

Message 38 of 40 (1,224 Views)

Hero
There are automatic backups. Just use the bottom above. Mainly concerned about your collection.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 39 of 40 (1,215 Views)

Hero
Going to archive this for now.

Please create new threads for each ServiceNPC you're having this issue with.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 40 of 40 (1,141 Views)