Original Post

Accepted Solution

[ARCHIVED] Service NPC do not leave

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, all game packs except Parenthood, 7 stuff packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not so sure, this is the second time I have seen this bug, but the first time in a year. It basically occurs randomly after hiring service npcs.
What happens when the bug occurs? Service npcs will not leave and can multiple.
What do you expect to see? For service Sims to arrive, do job and leave.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Its a bug been around for a while, not sure how to replicate.

I have 4 gardeners stuck on my lot.

It started when the spice festival closed, sim went home and the gardener appeared at the mailbox. My sim did not know, the gardener.The gardener spends his time knocking on door letting himself in to use my sims computer and waving at the mailbox. A couple of times per day he goes into the garden to talk to a tree.
I tried traveling to other lots, even took him into CAS and tried resetting him. Nothing worked. I have tried several times canceling the gardening service but that will not work ether, most likely because gardener is still on lot.

On Monday the second gardener showed up, he just alternates between knocking on door and waving at the mailbox. On Wednesday my sim was invited out came back to a 3rd Gardener, by the following morning, I now have 4 outside my house

I have no mods or cc and have already tried a repair.

Message 5 of 40 (4,000 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: The Gardener won't go away after his job is finished

Hero

Marking this as solution for visibility. It's still an open Bug

To get rid of the extra ServiceNPCs, please do the following steps

1. Open the cheat console with ctl-shift-c
  2. Type: testingcheats true
  3. shift-right-Click on all the serviceNPCs you want to get rid of and add them to your household
  4. Make sure you cancel all the regular npcs you have hired
  5. Got to Manage Household and load your family in CAS
  6. Delete all the extra serviceNPCs from your household
  7. Load the game and play for a while. No new one should show up
  8. Open the cheat console with ctl-shift-c
  9. Type: testingcheats false

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 29 of 40 (4,763 Views)

All Replies

Re: Pizza delivery is free

★★★ Novice

Are they still requesting saves for the stuck hired npc issue? Because I have two gardeners stuck on my lot and no way of getting rid of them-- After trying everything I could think of, I killed the first two who had been stuck there, but the next time my Sims travelled and came home there were two new gardeners-- dressed in gardening clothes with the title Professional Gardener above their names-- but without any of the expected gardener interactions available ("dismiss," "fire," "tip," etc.).  

Message 1 of 40 (3,973 Views)

Re: Repair guy won't go away!

★★ Novice
I'm having this issue on PS4. I constantly have 2 repair people at my house. I leave, someone new shows up or the same repair person is still at my house but in regular clothes
Message 2 of 40 (3,963 Views)

★ Pro

I also have 2 gardeners stuck on my lot.

It started when the spice festival closed, sim went home and the gardener appeared at the mailbox. My sim did not know, the gardener.

The gardener spends his time knocking on door letting himself in to use my sims computer and waving at the mailbox. A couple of times per day he goes into the garden to talk to a tree.
I tried traveling to other lots, even took him into CAS and tried resetting him. Nothing worked. I have tried several times canceling the gardening service but that will not work ether, most likely because gardener is still on lot.

On Monday the second gardener showed up, he just alternates between knocking on door and waving at the mailbox.

I have no mods or cc and have already tried a repair.

Message 3 of 40 (3,939 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Since this is still happening often, could someone please make a new thread for me that uses the bug template.

Thanks.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 40 (3,949 Views)

★ Pro

Started new topic with template.

Message 6 of 40 (3,932 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @loyabe could you possibly share a save file with me where you're having the issue of multiple gardeners stuck on your lot? Thanks much for the help! https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 7 of 40 (3,928 Views)

★ Pro

Save sent.

Message 8 of 40 (3,925 Views)

★ Guide

Do you need more saves for this? Because I currently have four stuck on my lot.

Message 9 of 40 (3,899 Views)

Hero

I think more would be good. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 40 (3,897 Views)