Original Post

Accepted Solution

[ARCHIVED] [SV] Military Career - Daily and Work Tasks not working

[ Edited ]
Hero

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.50.67
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Join the military career and try doing the work tasks or daily task. Some of them don't fulfill. See below for details
What happens when the bug occurs? The Sim can't fulfill his duties
What do you expect to see? The tasks fulfilling
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installing StrangerVille

There's been a few reports for the following tasks

• Marching, 
  • Writing report
  • Practice Sparring (doesn't work with the training bot, only if you spar with someone else)
  • Spar with someone (doesn't fulfill on the training bot - Spar with) --> This is by design. Use the option on another Sim
  • Search the Star: Daily task is very very very slow. Only counts at night
  • Getting evidence at the lab --> Only hacking the computer works. This makes it tedious cause they break after every use

I myself can only duplicate the stars and evidence issues. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 35 of 48 (22,559 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [Ň€€ĐŞ ƗŇƤỮŦ] [ŞV] Military Career - Daily and Work Tasks not working

Hero

Going to archive this thread as there hasn't been any activity since July and this thread is a bit of a collection of issues

If you're still having issues with daily tasks in the military career, please create a new thread for that specific task

Thanks.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 48 of 48 (11,484 Views)

All Replies

[ỮŇŞỮŘ€] [SV] Spar with others on Training Bot not working/counting for task

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.50.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Click on the B64 training bot and choose spar with others
What happens when the bug occurs? Only one person will spar, the other walks away. Spar with others is a daily task and it says task not yet started so I can't complete the daily task to move on with the Military career. My sim changed careers from Angel Investor to Military once I installed Strangerville and started at Level 4 of the Military Career.
What do you expect to see? Two people sparing and progress being made with the daily task.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After installing Strangerville

I started playing Strangerville after installing it and changed my Sims career from Angel Investor to Military.  I choose to send him to work, rather than work from home.  He was given a daily task to spar with others, but when I tried doing this with his wife who was my only option only one of them will spar and the other walks away.  I tried many times and the same thing happens.  When I check the progress of his daily task it says not yet started.  Not sure if I am doing something wrong, but I am choosing the only option there is in order to spar with others.

Message 1 of 48 (23,326 Views)

Re: spar with others not working

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

Game version: 1.50.67.1020 Zero Mods/Zero CC All content to date owned/installed.
Same experience for me as well. I started playing StrangerVille with skilled Sims in an existing save game.
Option to 'practice sparring" / "practice sparring with others" available on the B64 Training Bot.
Sergent Minor daily task is to Spar with Others but using the B64 Training Bot does not complete this task.
I have not found the option to spar available in another Sim.

Amended to add: Started a fresh save with unskilled Sim fresh from CAS and same results noted.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 2 of 48 (23,304 Views)

★★ Novice

So if you click on another sim and go to the Friendly interactions keep clicking "more choices" until "Spar" pops up. It will have the military symbol next to it like the other military career interactions. I did this with a sim I was friends with. 

Message 3 of 48 (23,267 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

The interaction has been working .. wonky for me. Best when I place them near the bot .. that said, it doesn't count for the task for me either but not sure if that's by design or not

How it basically works for me is, that once spars with the bot, the other does whatever they want (there's not even an action in their queue) but after Sim A is finished, the other will go to the bot and spar. 

As @taylorbred said, try sparring with someone by clicking on them. That will fulfill the task and is more fun anyways. It's in the friendly menu and always at almost the very end.

I'll try to find out if the other is supposed to fulfill the task or not.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 48 (23,255 Views)

★ Guide
Hi Crin,
I will try that thanks. I did go through the friendly menu and didn't see anything, but it was late. I will try again. I had them both standing next to the bot when I tried it, but will try again and let you know if that works. Thanks again.
Message 5 of 48 (23,207 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

It will not fulfill the requirement though and I find it a bit useless. Sparring with another Sim is far more fun

Sparring

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 48 (23,194 Views)

★ Guide

I agree, I found the option to spar, it fills the requirement and is indeed much more fun.  Thanks!

Message 7 of 48 (23,182 Views)
Highlighted

[SV] Marching doesn't fulfill daily task

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Which language are you playing the game in? Italiano
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.50.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Military career. Daily task marching around. Doing it don't complete the task.
What happens when the bug occurs? nothing
What do you expect to see? complete the daily task
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Hello all, someone have the same issue?

Message 8 of 48 (22,609 Views)

Re: [SV] March bug - Military career

Hero

I didn't have any issues with this.

Could you try on a fresh save that never saw any mods ? Make sure to delete your localthumbcache file.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 48 (22,605 Views)